'69 Resto Mod Motor

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

diznasty

'69 Resto Mod Motor

Post by diznasty »

Well, I put my CV swap on hold...indefinitely. (http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=70762)

I got to the point where I wasnt satisfied with the geometry and just wanted a driver (totally regret cutting up a near perfect frame...there, I said it). I know someone who builds racecar chassis's and when their shop is finished I will have more access to the tools needed so I can resurrect my CV Swap and make it exactly how I want it.

I shopped around and scooped up a '69 Ranger roller. Basically taking all the good stuff I have an slapping it on this chassis....including the 5.4L DOHC.

I ordered some new frame-cab mounts from FlashbackF100's...they should be here is a week or so. I also have to weld up some new metal into the core support areas. I ordered an Energy Suspension cab and radiator kit. I also ordered Energy Suspension Cobra engine mounts. I had to use a 390fe engine perch for the driver's side and a 360fe engine perch for the passenger's side (I didnt think there was a difference but the 390 perch i had fit ALOT better.) The drivers side mount had to come forward about .5" and I left the passengers side in the OEM location. The engine is off center about 1.5" to the passengers side.

I had to shim the passenger's side mount up about 1" to get the engine level. Fabbed a spacer mount and will be using larger bolts to "improve" the shear load capacity. I also bent up some plate to make more contact with the motor mounts. I will finish weld it to the perch and box it in. I noticed that the engine mounts dont sit flush with the perches so a majority of the load is carried on the lone motor mount bolt.

Fortunately I have everything needed to make the engine and transmission run as well as access to a tuner who can reflash my ECU. Next big cost will be a wiring harness from Ron Francis. Progress will be slow, as usual,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
diznasty

Re: '69 Resto Mod Motor

Post by diznasty »

More Pictures...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
diznasty

Post by diznasty »

...more
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

Great work!
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs