Raising it from the dead

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

tattedjoe

Raising it from the dead

Post by tattedjoe »

Hey everyone. I'm getting back after my truck project after having been sidelined for an extended period of time due to life getting in the way as it is prone to do. While sitting on the sidelines my mind has been turning over a number of possible ideas on how to go about this project.

My truck is a 1968 F-250 that I received from my grandfather. He bought it the same year I was born and it served him dutifully as his farm truck for three decades. He passed it on to me and with some maintenance I used it for some time before parking it to give it some much needed TLC. After pulling it apart to see how much work I had ahead of me, I came to the conclusion that a full tilt job was the only way to go.

The goal will be a nice street hot rod that I can enjoy to drive. This truck has forty years of thankless work under its belt and a nice gentle retirement has been well earned. Originally the truck was a two-barreled 360 with a four speed. I have a Tremec TKO-600 left from a Mustang that I previously owned that I will be going in. I haven't decided on a motor yet. I'm contemplating adding in a Mustang II style front suspension and cutting the frame down to short bed dimensions (the bed had to be scrapped due to sheer amount cancer present).

Thanks for reading and I enjoy catching up on the site and reading what everyone has been doing.
Joe

1968 F250
2008 Mustang Bullitt
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Raising it from the dead

Post by Lone Ranger »

Sounds sweet! Keep us up to date on the progress. Pictures are always welcome. I like the history your truck has with your gramps and you, very cool.
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle