New photo-tutorial: Remanufacturing Disc Brake Spindles

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

New photo-tutorial: Remanufacturing Disc Brake Spindles

Post by FORDification »

Some time back, Roman (swissranger) sent me a complete photo-tutorial on everything he did to his disc brake spindles. To make a long story short, he bought a disc brake kit which had mis-matching spindles, so he decided to rectify the problem himself, as well as machine his own kingpin bushings.

This is a great read, and his pictures are top-notch! :thup: Go ahead and spend a few minutes reading this:

Remanufacturing Disc Brake Spindles

For future reference, this page has been linked to from the Site Index and the Tech & Tutorials page.

Thanks Roman...and sorry for the delay in getting this posted.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
DuckRyder

re: New photo-tutorial: Remanufacturing Disc Brake Spindles

Post by DuckRyder »

Wow, that was nice work.

I had no idea that the Spindles in MP's kit were not new. One has to agree with Roman that for the price MP should be doing this rebuilding.

I had wondered how his project was coming. So many of us are sort of stalled for one reason or another, but we have the benefit of more or less plentiful parts, and 5 or 6 good mail order places. I don't imagine there are 15-20 1967-1972 Ford trucks at any of the salvage yards near Roman.

Nice work SwissRanger!!
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
71 LONG BED
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: New photo-tutorial: Remanufacturing Disc Brake Spindles

Post by 71 LONG BED »

Being a machinist myself, I can tell you that was one heck of a set-up he had on the lathe! Top notch jod swissranger. :thup:
How bad was the balance problem while boring out the king pin bushing bores? I'll bet you didn't spin it to fast. 8)
John Member #1549
71 F100 Sport Custom__________1967 F350 Gone, but not forgotten
Image Image Image
ExplorerNC

Post by ExplorerNC »

That's alot of work after sprnding all the money they charge. I don't think I would be happy about that.
1972 F-100 "Explorer"
1971 F-250 "Custom" (SOLD)
1965 F-100
1966 F-100 4X4