The FORDification.net forums are now open for business...

General website and forum announcements

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

The FORDification.net forums are now open for business...

Post by FORDification »

As I'm sure most of you know, I've been working pretty steadily in the background here putting together the beginnings of a dentside-era website, a kind of 'companion' to our site here at FORDification.com. I've got a few pages up, not much....but 99% of the VIN plate decoding pages are up, though I still need to verify a few details on the data for these pages. The data for these pages was compiled from very worn-out microfiche copies of the '73-'79 Ford Truck Master Parts Catalog, and a few entries here and there were illegible, so I'm in the process of acquiring a CD version of the MPC to verify the accuracy of everything posted so far.

I DO have a fully-functional Photo Gallery installed, which is integrated into the forums. This not only allows users a single log-in, but once a registered user creates his personal album (in his Profile), a link to it will be shown next to his user information on all his posts.

Anyway....there's really not a lot else there yet, but I decided this evening to just go ahead and open the forums for new registrations. While the dentside site still has a long ways to go, I figured we'd just add to it as we go along, instead of trying to create a 'finished' site first. It'll happen...it won't be overnight by any means, but then again, FORDification.com was years in the making too. :wink:

Therefore...

FORDification.net - The '73-'79 Ford Pickup Resource

is now open for business. :D

As I said, the site is still a newborn baby, and there will probably be some speedbumps along the way as I get things added and configured, so please be patient with me. Also, since I'm definitely not as knowledgeable about the dentside trucks as I am the bumpsides, I'm gonna be needing some experienced dentside enthusiasts who are willing to answer questions in the forums as required. I do have access to a lot of dentside-era factory literature, so that's a plus...but that's still no replacement from first-hand knowledge and experience.

If you own a dentside truck or have friends who do, please feel free to invite them over, and let's get this thing kicked off!
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: The FORDification.net forums are now open for business...

Post by bb429power »

Cool, I was going to try to get the first post on there, but then I realized that I don't own a dent. Well there's my brothers bronco. lol Great work, and I like the comment you have about how the parts make the truck great for driving. Like the axle, engine, trans...lol
How long did it take you to make FORDification.com?
Last edited by bb429power on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=47482
http://s976.photobucket.com/home/bb429power/allalbums go to both of the albums.
1967 Ford F100 longbed with a 466 500+hp/600+ft-lbs (mine)
1969 Mercury Cougar xr7 with a 351w (dads, I helped alot)
1970 Ford Maverick with a 302 (became our drag car)
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
"Many can argue, but it takes a real man to apologize."-Me
Caseys71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Caseys71 »

:thup:, Dentside site looks great Keith, now I'm going to have to buy a dent to keep my bump company, and so I can go on both sites :D :lol:.
Casey
16 years old with a 40 year old truck (well almost)
1971 F-100302, T-18 4 speed, 3:55 rear, & an Edelbrock sticker on the ashtray.
"Don't worry about what you become, just make sure that you're successful at what you do."- Mr. English
"Value what you DO have over that which you don't."- Forrestbump
"Wanting can sometimes be better than having, never stop dreaming... it's what keeps us all going."- Forrestbump
1984 Toyota 4x4: 22-R, 5-speed, 3" suspension lift, 35's and 5:29's
kyle ray

Post by kyle ray »

I just joined the other site. I have two kids that will be driving soon, i may have to get them a dent! :yes:
Happy_Camper
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Happy_Camper »

An awesome companion site!
Will be fun to watch it grow.
Best wishes on continued success, and maybe even a little sleep... sooner or later.
Scott
1972 F250 Explorer C/S, 390-2V, Dual exhaust, C6, Goose neck ball in bed
New and improved with Tilt Wheel, Intermittent Wipers, 2005 Bench seat and 5th wheel camper!...
Life is *very* good!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

bb429power wrote:...How long did it take you to make FORDification.com?
Well, the first page went up on June 24, 2003, the day I bought my '67 SWB. I took a bunch of "before" digital pics and posted them on another website I have. I've just been adding steadily to it since then. When I did the fordification site makeover a short while back there were almost 500 pages on the site, including all the factory literature (each brochure was one page), tutorials, my projects' build-up pages, etc.

I doubt the dentside site will ever be what the bumpside site has become...but then again, 7 years ago I had no idea that FORDification.com would ever be what it is now either, so who knows? :dk:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 390Nut »

FORDification wrote:I doubt the dentside site will ever be what the bumpside site has become...but then again, 7 years ago I had no idea that FORDification.com would ever be what it is now either, so who knows? :dk:
:lol: It'll grow. The dents aren't quite as desirable or popular as the bumps. Yet.
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup:
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

390Nut wrote:
FORDification wrote:I doubt the dentside site will ever be what the bumpside site has become...but then again, 7 years ago I had no idea that FORDification.com would ever be what it is now either, so who knows? :dk:
:lol: It'll grow. The dents aren't quite as desirable or popular as the bumps. Yet.
I don't know Paul, I always thought the dents were more popular than the bumps looking at the way the aftermarket has almost alway had parts for the dents. :thup: I bet this place will grow faster than the bumpsite.
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by bb429power »

trukcrazy wrote:
390Nut wrote:
I don't know Paul, I always thought the dents were more popular than the bumps looking at the way the aftermarket has almost alway had parts for the dents. :thup: I bet this place will grow faster than the bumpsite.
The thing is, there are other dentside forums out there. Then there is just on bumpside forum other than this which we all know sucks. Its not even dedicated to bumps and the bump section is probably the smallest on there. Maybe thats why this one is so big.
Justin
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=47482
http://s976.photobucket.com/home/bb429power/allalbums go to both of the albums.
1967 Ford F100 longbed with a 466 500+hp/600+ft-lbs (mine)
1969 Mercury Cougar xr7 with a 351w (dads, I helped alot)
1970 Ford Maverick with a 302 (became our drag car)
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
"Many can argue, but it takes a real man to apologize."-Me
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Actually, the reason I decided to start the dentside site is because of the lack of good resources for them. There is one forum at 73-79.com, but it appears to be all but abandoned. The BroncoTech.com site has a '73-'79 forum with limited traffic, and so the Dark Side forum is about the only other place for dentside owners to congregate. In other words, they go there 'cause they have to, as I understand it. Now those members will simply have another option, which will soon feature some useful hard-core info and not tutorials on fluff like how to change the windshield wipers. :wink: It'll take some time to get the data posted, but I'm of the opinion that if it's built, they will come...as long as they have something worth coming for, and that'll be happening in the future. :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
BiggDogg
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by BiggDogg »

I for one am excited about the new dent site. I am even more tempted to resume my search for a dent crew now :doh: :D :shh:
1970 F250 Camper Special
"Its no coincidence that man's best friend can't talk."
TheEskimo
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TheEskimo »

Sweet!!! Thanks Keith, as always you out do yourself. Looks amazing, can't wait for it to pick up. I am sure it will, there are plenty of folks out there who love their dents and drive them daily. If it does half as well as here, it will be the only place people will go for the information they need and want for their trucks.

Now, as soon as I am done here I am off to register there.
-Jason
1972 F250 Camper Special 360ci
1973 F100 Custom 390ci
1985 Thinderbird 302ci (DD)
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

Flatbedford is on board. I had to make sure there would be no impostor over there.
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Awesome job Keith! :thup:
I've bookmarked it, and will register later and forward it to a bunch of dent owners I know.
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
82GT

Post by 82GT »

:thup:
JZ

This space for rent