Odd Vin

How's your Ford truck parts knowledge?
67f100customcab

Odd Vin

Post by 67f100customcab »

My paint and interior code is 6A on my 1967.Same on the door and frame. But according to the vin decoder here there isn't a A interior code for 67. Original color pebble beige is inside the dash and behind the gas tank. Any idea what that means? Custom order?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: Odd Vin

Post by FORDification »

FYI: the number that's on the frame is only the VIN, it doesn't include the body/paint code. I'm confused on what you're trying to decode. The exterior paint code on the warranty (VIN) tag is where it says 'COLOR'. The first digit of the Body code indicates the interior trim.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
radioactivelarry

Post by radioactivelarry »

67f100customcab wrote:My paint and interior code is 6A on my 1967.Same on the door and frame. But according to the vin decoder here there isn't a A interior code for 67. Original color pebble beige is inside the dash and behind the gas tank. Any idea what that means? Custom order?
6 is pebble beige.....
Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed Lamb.
Ben Franklin.

My Motto: I wish I had less to do, more time to do it in and got paid more for not getting it done.
:drive:
RustRed

Post by RustRed »

I have same problem Mine states M4 . One area it is M which is black. I assume M4 is Black vinyl and black cloth!!!!!!!! :?
Wanna-be Rat-Rod: 1971, F-103, SWB, 302, 3 Speed on Column, Holley 7448-2, Headers without mufflers,
Planned Upgades: Holley 1850, Alum. Intake, Lighting Heads, Airbrushed Hood etc...
"On a not so quite night u can hear my Truck Rust!!!!"