Pulley Info/Parts Needed

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

mulletmobile

Pulley Info/Parts Needed

Post by mulletmobile »

INFO: 71 F250, 360 FE, aftermarket AC (double groove pulley on it but only uses the outer one with belt to a pulley bolted to the front of crank pulley). See setup below

I am going to add the 3G alternator and electric fan upgrade and will be upgrading to the 134 AC system in the upcoming year. The current AC system has not been used in who knows how long and it would need charging at a minimum.

This leads me to the question of pulley setup and what do I need? I have been trying to go through as many sites and threads as I can, but I can not seem to find a solid answer to that question. Pretty sure I will need or should use a double groove alternator pulley and I want to add PS to the mix also. If anyone can put together pics, part numbers or even the parts (pulleys only) I would greatly appreciate it.
1971 F-250, Wimbeldon White, 360, PB, dealer add-on A/C (A.R.A. brand), 1970 coded interior (23 - Med. blue/Light blue) with 42,000 miles.
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Pulley Info/Parts Needed

Post by Mach428 »

I've added this exact setup to my truck many years ago, 1969 F250 with 360.

You will need a three-sheave crank pulley and single alt pully. Innermost belt goes around the crank, WP, and alternator. Middle belt goes around the crank, WP, and PS pump. Outer belt goes around the crank, AC compressor and adjustable idler pulley.

I've never been successful in posting pictures on this site but I can send you pics of my setup if you like.
mulletmobile

Post by mulletmobile »

Mach, sending you a PM with where to send the pics and thanks for the info!! Do you remember if you had to add any shim behind the pulley on the alternator? I have heard some did and some did not.
1971 F-250, Wimbeldon White, 360, PB, dealer add-on A/C (A.R.A. brand), 1970 coded interior (23 - Med. blue/Light blue) with 42,000 miles.
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Mach428 »

I'm sending you several photos that I believe will answer your questions. I'll also give my phone so that we can walk through this. Also, I have an extra 3-sheave FE motor crank pulley and I think the adjustable idler. We will talk soon