heater hose routing

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

BobB

heater hose routing

Post by BobB »

I need to find out the proper routing for the heater hoses on my 72 f-100 with a 302 engine
I hope I have right forum if not I am sorry
thanks
Bob B
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: heater hose routing

Post by Mach428 »

Heater hose from water pump to heater core, out of heater core to carburetor heat plate (if it has one) back to manifold
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Mach428 »

Heater hose from water pump to water valve, to heater core, out of heater core to carburetor heat plate (if it has one) back to manifold
BobB

Post by BobB »

that is how mine is hooked up but heat still comes in cab it not nice on a summer day it is like the heat
will not shut off
thanks
Bob B
Mach428
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Mach428 »

Check the heater water valve. Make sure it is closing fully. There is a ball type fixture that may be seized or broken. This is what the temperature lever is connected to

Also, when you move the upper lever to off, there is a door inside the heater box that should close. Check your cables
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

My water valve was rusted off completely when I got my truck. Not surprised on a 50-year-old truck. It was a pretty easy/cheap fix.
Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
BobB

Post by BobB »

I put a new heater valve in I thought that would be it I will have to check to be sure that it closes all the way
I been thinking of putting shut off valves in the hoses hoping that will cure the problem
thanks
Bob B