EFI

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

jf100

EFI

Post by jf100 »

I have a 1969 F100 302 rebuilding a 1974 302 out of a maverick to put in the truck. Just bought a 1992 5.0 EFI system for a Lincoln. Can someone help where the best place to go to get a wire harness set up for this? Let me know if I am in the wrong dept to ask this question Thank you for your help.
Ranchero50

Re: EFI

Post by Ranchero50 »

Use the EFI harness from the car and splice it into the truck. What flavor Lincoln did you get the EFI stuff from?
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
jf100

Post by jf100 »

did not find out and I deleted the guys info in my phone.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Welp, you really need to know this stuff since there were lame-o versions and also hi-po versions. What color are the injectors? You'll also need to measure the throttle body at the plate (remove it).

The low-po version is absolute junk and not worth scrap value. Intake has tiny ports, TB is tiny, white 14lb injectors, garbage. The Mark VII LSC version mimicked the speed density Mustang setup, larger ports, TB, yellow 19lb injectors and a better processor. You should have gotten the EFI wiring from your donor vehicle. What direction does the throttle body face, drivers or passenger side?

jf100

Post by jf100 »

It looks like they are white could not really tell as they are dirty and dark in the garage. If they are the white ones can I swap them out with the yellow ones with the system I have. I will have to check the manifold numbers to see what year and make that came off of. The front of the throttle I think was an 1" and half across.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Do a Google search and try to figure out what you have, either from a Mark VII or a town car. if it's town car, keep the distributor and sensors and chuck the rest. No wiring, no processor either right? I hope you didn't spend a lot of money.

Your best best would be to find a ratty '87 and up 5.0 truck and grab everything related to the fuel system (pump, tanks, lines etc.) and EFI (intake, air cleaner, throttle cable / pedal, air filter, etc). You'll also need the wiring feed that goes to the EEC unit and a couple replays. Wiring the truck is pretty simple and you can swap in your existing bump side gauge sensors to keep every thing reading correctly. I did this to my '68 Ranchero back in '95 using a '88 5.0 Mustang that clobbered a drunk driver.

If you can,post up pics of what you have, all is not lost.

jf100

Post by jf100 »

Did a search and it looks like it could be off of a 94-95 Mustang GT or 86-95 mustang. That is what I came up with on e-bay. numbers are rf-e6se-9k-461-d5a It looks like the throttle is on the drivers side. Thank you for your help. I still think they are the white in injectors.

jf100
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

TB on drivers side and white injectors is lopo.

Look like this, including the cover?

jf100

Post by jf100 »

Yes If I am not doing a high performance upgrade would that one be ok to use? Just going to put a mild cam and headers on and maybe this efi. Thanks again for your help.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

No, it's garbage. Without a harness and processor it's scrap metal.

Mild cam won't work with the Speed Density processor that's supposed to work with that intake.

E6SE TB is garbage, small opening (I think 58mm). Stock 5.0 mustang is 63mm.

If you are intent on running the parts you bought I'd recommend leaving it alone. There's absolutely no value in doing the swap. The only thing you would gain is easier starting and maybe idle quality., It's going to run like crap and nothing you do to the engine will help it run better. In fact once the processor is unhappy it will run much worse.

My brother has a Mark VII he's parting out. If you want I'll see what he wants for the EFI bits less the fuel lines and pump. It should have the HO intake, injectors and processor. I did this to my '68 Ranchero back in '95, it's not a big deal once you have the correct parts.

What is your budget?

jf100

Post by jf100 »

about $250.00 I did get the computer part with what I got maybe I can sell it for around $250.00 or what ever I can get out of it. Thanks for your help.
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

Mk VIIs used Speed Density engine processors instead of the Mass Air processors like those that were used on the '89-'93 Fox 5.0L H.O. engines.

Changes to a Speed Density controlled engine (such as a change to the intake, throttle body, cam, heads, headers) will have to be handled through a custom chip burned by an engine tuner and installed in the EEC-IV engine processor to accommodate those changes.

Mass Air EEC-IV engine processors will be receptive to any of these changes without having to reprogram the fuel, spark and air tables of the processor.
Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

1968 Mustang. My high school car. Owned since 1982.

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Yep. One benefit of finding a SD car is they typically weren't messed with and are easy to convert to mass air.

jf100, post a pic up of what you ended up with and the three letter / number code on the back of the processor.

thejunkman
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by thejunkman »

jf100 where are you located? I'm going to be ripping EVERYTHING out of my running 88' f150 with EFI 302. Computer/wiring/everything will be up for sale soon.
-Dave

1967 f100 long bed 2wd, 390, np435
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

thejunkman wrote:jf100 where are you located? I'm going to be ripping EVERYTHING out of my running 88' f150 with EFI 302. Computer/wiring/everything will be up for sale soon.
IP address is from Washington State. an 88 truck would be a good candidate since the pump is on the frame rail and it has a great intake design.