fuel line routing for OEM auxilery gas tank

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

CobrajetF-250428

fuel line routing for OEM auxilery gas tank

Post by CobrajetF-250428 »

Okay guy's I need some help with my NPD stainless steel replacement fuel line. I have decided to use the auxiliary 25gal. tank as my main tank and ditch the behind the seat tank which includes omitting the manually operated fuel valve next to the seat. I bought a stainless steel replacement line from NPD for a mid-ship mounted tank WITHOUT the behind the seat tank my 1970 F-250. I am trying to figure out the proper straightening of this fuel line but have nothing for reference to get me started. I took pics of the installed auxiliary tank before removing but lost them. Can anybody assist in help with pics and or instructions in how the metal fuel line meets up with the auxiliary sending unit pick up and what position the sending unit tube is facing where the connect via rubber fuel line ? The schematic on this sight show it pointing up but that doesn't seem to jive with the stainless line I bought.............Thanks, Rob
pchelp101

Re: fuel line routing for OEM auxilery gas tank

Post by pchelp101 »

CobrajetF-250428 wrote:Okay guy's I need some help with my NPD stainless steel replacement fuel line. I have decided to use the auxiliary 25gal. tank as my main tank and ditch the behind the seat tank which includes omitting the manually operated fuel valve next to the seat. I bought a stainless steel replacement line from NPD for a mid-ship mounted tank WITHOUT the behind the seat tank my 1970 F-250. I am trying to figure out the proper straightening of this fuel line but have nothing for reference to get me started. I took pics of the installed auxiliary tank before removing but lost them. Can anybody assist in help with pics and or instructions in how the metal fuel line meets up with the auxiliary sending unit pick up and what position the sending unit tube is facing where the connect via rubber fuel line ? The schematic on this sight show it pointing up but that doesn't seem to jive with the stainless line I bought.............Thanks, Rob
This is my fuel tank, there is a rubber line to the electric fuel pump then it connects to the original metal lines up to the front. There is another rubber line from the frame to the carb.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1969 F100, 390, 3 Speed, 2WD
CobrajetF-250428

Post by CobrajetF-250428 »

Thanks for the reply pchelp101 but I figured it out myself through a little trail and error. I'll take some pics and post them in hopes that they will someone else out if needed
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.