NOT turning over

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

Skip191

NOT turning over

Post by Skip191 »

new owner and new to the forum. Just purchased a 69 F100 two weeks ago. Tried to start it up today to pull it into the garage for a new master cylinder and lines. I wasnt able to turn it over. Motor cranks but wont start. I had it running last week. I put a new battery in it, tank is 1/2 full, took air cleaner off, sprayed starter fluid, cleaned and reconnected ground to firewall. Looking for advice on what the next trouble shooting steps i need to take.
Chris
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: NOT turning over

Post by Nitekruizer »

I would check for spark. Pull off a plug wire, crank the engine and see if the plug wire will spark to ground. (engine block)

Check your points for correct gap. They may even just be dirty. Check cap and rotor, etc. Get back to us. :wel:
390 FE IN A "BUMP" / 383 WEDGE IN A 2 DOOR C-BODY / 351W IN A FULL-SIZE MERCURY / 194 CHEVY 6 IN A DUECE / 2.4 DOHC CHRYSLER IN A PLASTIC BUBBLE (Driver)
Skip191

Re: NOT turning over

Post by Skip191 »

awesome,
thanks for the advice. Found the issue. I must have unplugged a wire from the ignition coil when i pulled off the air box. Maybe i got a little excited because i love the climbing room inside the engine compartment!! Good glad thats over.
Say would you have any suggestions on any parts and or how to resources?

Gratitude s,
Chris