Replacement Exhaust Manifold

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

galexie64

Replacement Exhaust Manifold

Post by galexie64 »

I have a 1970 F250 4x2 with a 390. I've been having problems with the passenger side (right) exhaust manifold leaking for as long as I had the truck, about 20 years. A couple of years ago I replaced the gasket and it was good for about a week. Over the weekend I pulled the manifold to replace the gasket and realized it is cracked. I'm planning to sell this truck soon so I need a good inexpensive replacement.

Has anyone purchased one of those cheap ebay replacement manifolds?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-Manifol ... 9e&vxp=mtr
1970 Ford F250 4x2 long bed Explorer camper special 390 and C6 out of a 69 Torino

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm, looking to go back to original

1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE My restomod project

My Car Blog http://chrischillino.com/
71Fe2O3

Re: Replacement Exhaust Manifold

Post by 71Fe2O3 »

I have one of those on my truck, bought from the same seller, replacing a Ford unit that was cracked and had broken studs in it. I couldn't find any OEM ones for a reasonable price at the time and needed to get my engine back together. The price was nice, shipping was fast, and I have been happy with the part. These parts are made in China, which likely explains the low price. With the exception of Ford stampings it looks just like the OEM manifold it replaced. It bolted on fine and has done its job, trouble-free, for more than 5 years.
Fred

1970 F100 4WD short bed, 360 engine, very rusty plow and yard truck

1971 F100 2WD long bed, 302 engine, on the road

1968 F100 2WD long bed, 360 engine, stripping for parts
galexie64

Re: Replacement Exhaust Manifold

Post by galexie64 »

71Fe2O3 wrote:I have one of those on my truck, bought from the same seller, replacing a Ford unit that was cracked and had broken studs in it. I couldn't find any OEM ones for a reasonable price at the time and needed to get my engine back together. The price was nice, shipping was fast, and I have been happy with the part. These parts are made in China, which likely explains the low price. With the exception of Ford stampings it looks just like the OEM manifold it replaced. It bolted on fine and has done its job, trouble-free, for more than 5 years.
Thanks, that is the answer that I hoped to hear. I will get one of these ordered ASAP.
1970 Ford F250 4x2 long bed Explorer camper special 390 and C6 out of a 69 Torino

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm, looking to go back to original

1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE My restomod project

My Car Blog http://chrischillino.com/