Any Recommendations on Carb Soaking Cleaner?

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Any Recommendations on Carb Soaking Cleaner?

Post by colnago »

I've been working on my ignition for some time now, but still can't get a steady idle. I rebuilt the engine, with everything new ... except the carb (Edelbrock 1405 4BBL). This was the one carry-over from the old engine. So, the next step is a complete rebuild of the 'Brock. That most likely means I'll have to to soak the body overnight. Any recommendations of cleaners to use or avoid? Will I have to completely remove everything from the body before soaking? My choices are limited to whatever NAPA carries.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Any Recommendations on Carb Soaking Cleaner?

Post by sargentrs »

I use whatever they have at the local parts store. Last time, I believe it was Gunk. Can's not quite big enough to totally submerge the body so soak awhile, flip it, and soak the other half. While you're at it, might want to make the cheap soda blaster and blast the body like I did. Not as effective as I had hoped but actually worked pretty good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.