Keith: Tailgate pic on FORDification

General Discussion Topic Archives
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Keith: Tailgate pic on FORDification

Post by Comet »

Keith or anyone: One of the rotating pics at the upper left corner of this site has a tailgate shot of what I think is a Ranger XLT. I need to know what year and model it's from because I like the full decorative panel (although I want to modify it some). I had not noticed that before and it would save me from having to fab up the whole thing. Anyone know anything? Ofcourse now that I am looking for it, it doesn't come up :cry:
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: Keith: Tailgate pic on FORDification

Post by 68F250 »

The fancy tailgate trim is off a '70 - '72 Ranger XLT.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Barry is correct. Here is an unedited version of the photo you're referring to:

...and just as fuel for the imagination, here's what one would look like if you were to strip the woodgrain and black accent paint off:

(Now, if you were to REALLY polish it up, I'd bet you'd have fewer people tailgating you on the highway at night with their brights on!) :lol:
Last edited by FORDification on Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

Thanks guys! I figured it was the '70-72s, but was wondering if it was different for any of those years. I saw a '70 today with this one on and as I'm posting the random pic is back on top (when it rains it pours!).
Keith, that stripped down version is close to where I'm going. I'm also going to put a ss panel in place of the wood grain insert and put the blue oval logo instead of the letters, similar to the new F-150.