Took my kids to see "Cars"

General Discussion Topic Archives
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Took my kids to see "Cars"

Post by flyboy2610 »

And they loved it! (As did the wife and I!)
If you have kids, take them to see it. And if you don't have kids, go see it yourself.
I loved the part where Lightning and Mater went 'tractor tipping'! That was just toooooo funnny! :lol:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
Badgt04

Post by Badgt04 »

I think I am going to go see it tonight, a couple of my friends were talking about it earlier today.

Justin
1973 Ford F-100
wolfpack

re: Took my kids to see "Cars"

Post by wolfpack »

yeah i agree cars is the movie of the summer for me...It was so funny from the get go that as soon as it comes to dvd i'm buying it...Its a must see for everyone of all ages....Terry
The dumbest question in the world is the one you don't ask.
1968f250

Post by 1968f250 »

My kids loved the movie! and now that I have removed the bed from my truck it has a new nick name-Mater! Great movie, a must see, and it is almost 2 hours long.
sold truck 8-16-06
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

funny thing , but it had a route 66 theme about it. I kept thinking "i've been there" especially the drive-in.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
71F-100_351W

Post by 71F-100_351W »

Badgt04 wrote:I think I am going to go see it tonight, a couple of my friends were talking about it earlier today.

Justin

yeah yeah yeah, and you didn't go see it, ha ha ha, loser

it was good, but i liked over the hedge better, it was funnier by a long shot.

I still give cars a 10 for plot. reminded me of Doc Holiday.

Paul Newman and Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy for the WIN!!!
1971 Ford F-100 Regular Cab Short Bed... (not my daily driver) converted to a 351W-C6

Image Image
Badgt04

Post by Badgt04 »

71F-100_351W wrote:
Badgt04 wrote:I think I am going to go see it tonight, a couple of my friends were talking about it earlier today.

Justin

yeah yeah yeah, and you didn't go see it, ha ha ha, loser
Only because you said you were going :lol:
1973 Ford F-100
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

me and my girlfriend went the opening day. we got stuck in the first couple rows and kids were yelling all around us and kicking the seats. we had a great time! :D after all we're just two big kids. 8) we loved the movie. especially when mater said git 'er dun cus we knew none of the little kids knew what that really meant. :wink: she said that im like mater. is that a good thing or a bad thing? oh well she only loves me for my body. :evil:
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by mk »

Finally got to see it last week. So much stuff in there, I'll have to see if a friend will loan me their kids so I can go see it again. The little diecasts at the local Walmarts sure disappeared quick. I got a sherriffs car but I'd like a couple of King cars if they're available and one of you guys would be kind enough to score some for me. Got a friend with half a dozen real wing cars and thought it would make a nice addition to his collection. I think the marketers have forgotten a potential customer base for sales of their trinkets. Don't know about you guys but I'd buy a King or Doc Hudson t-shirt in a second :D

mike
Always drink upstream from the herd...

~Will Rogers

Mercury truck ID thread:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=35331
Ford truck model history:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=37394
Using dentside fender liners:
http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=35675
Matchbox diecast bumps:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=45618
67merc

Post by 67merc »

Took my son and his friend last week. I even like cartoon racin'! It's pathetic that I can get all into cartoon wreck!
Becca

two-bit
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by two-bit »

Took my wife and youngest to see it one night, the rest of the kids the next night.
My 14yr old even recognized the '51,'52,'53 "Piston Cup" Hudson thing. His grandfather was a HUGE daytona fan, and used to tell him about the first races down on the beaches and how the Flathead 6 cyl Hudsons owned that stretch of beach. He's been gone for 4 years now. It was a very nice to bring up his memory.
By the way, MATER is awesome!!! Wish i could drive like that with my mirrors!!! Tractor tippin' had me ROFLOL. I grew up a farm kid, you can only imagine what we got away with.

Two-bit
Living life full throttle on the North Coast of America!!!

72' F-350, DRW, 360, NP435, Dana 70, 159" WB, P.S., P.B., 12' flatbed, 10,000 GVW.