Explorer Package

General Discussion Topic Archives
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Explorer Package

Post by willowbilly3 »

I saw an old ratty one pull up to the feed store this morning with the emblems. I only saw the side so I don't even know what year it was.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
sdranch71

Post by sdranch71 »

Looked at the 72 Explorer for sale in town this evening. No glovebox emblem, and the Explorer emblems on the box sides are a bit different than the one in Keith's picture.

sdranch71

Post by sdranch71 »

Keith, thanks for inserting my picture of the 72 Explorer bed emblem in my previous post.

I was browsing through my reference books again tonight looking up data codes & info on my new acquisition (a 72 F100 Sport Custom), and I did find two references to a 69 Explorer II package. Both said it was a springtime "White Sale" special available on any longbox styleside, consisting only of bodyside mouldings and full wheel covers similar to a 67 T-Bird (F100) or chrome hubcaps (F250). Neither description limits this package to the base model. This seems to sugges a 69 Ranger Explorer is indeed possible.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Hey, suppose I could talk you into scanning the Explorer references you're referring to? I'd sure like to be able to include that on the page I put together on the Explorer package. Thanks for the update! :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

sdranch71 scanned those references to the '69 "Explorer II" Special for me, and I've added that information to the The 'Explorer Special' Explained tutorial. I also fixed the dead link to this page on the Technical Papers page.

Thanks sdranch71! :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!