factory profile services

General Discussion Topic Archives
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

factory profile services

Post by BigRedTruck »

I found a site that can get al the info on your truck..like a carfax report but with all the trim options...engine,color, stuff like that. I can't find it now though. does anyone know where this site is? and is it worth the money. I'm thinking I might have to use it cause a bunch of facts about this truck are not listed in any guides and the codes are weird...
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
bumt72

re: factory profile services

Post by bumt72 »

It depends on how detailed you want the information. I just contacted Ford directly at

https://www.customersaskford.com/KanaFo ... rdVehicles

and asked them to send me a build sheet of the original equipment on my truck. Nothing too exciting but it was free. I would probably try that before I spent money getting a report. I have heard of pay sites that will provide you with alot more detailled information.
Kep

1972 F250 Da Big Ugly Man TruckDa BUMT
1961 F100 Stepside (Father/Daughter Project)UnNamed
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

thanks just did that ..expecting reply in 3 business days....or more
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I sent in a request at the same time, and just heard back today. I scanned a copy of the letter I received from Ford. CLICK HERE to view the scan.

The surprise is how they say my truck came from the factory. According to their records, my lowly '67 with virtually no frills supposedly came with BUCKET SEATS! :eek: I took a good look at the cab floor when I stripped it down and I sure didn't see anything different vs. the bench-seat trucks I've stripped. There was no additional trim or trim holes across the back of the cab to hold the carpet that would have gone over the gas tank, either. :hmm:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cobraF100 »

I went ahead and sent a request into them to see what I get back..
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

Hey Guys,

I put my entire data plate on there and got a pretty detailed sheet back. It loks just like the one Keith scanned in, but with more details. Throw your other info on there and they will square you away. It's a nice little something to put with your truck. I put mine in a document protector and keep (kept it with the truck paperwork. Now the soldier I gave it to has it, but it's well worth the effort.

Hoo-ah!
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
bumt72

Post by bumt72 »

When I got mine back it had a little more information, of course one of the bullet points was that it came with an Exhaust System, which I found rather odd.
Kep

1972 F250 Da Big Ugly Man TruckDa BUMT
1961 F100 Stepside (Father/Daughter Project)UnNamed
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

well i was going to put mine up....but the bloody thing won't covert to jpeg format. it did say I had a snazzy horn ring though and a swing away spare tire carrier. is that the one on the bottom of the truck or is that something else?
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6

69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

swing away spare tire carrier sounds like the one that was on the Broncos. I may be wrong, but the one mounted underneath didn't swing anywhere that I know of.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
sdranch71

Post by sdranch71 »

As some of you have noted, the free Ford history report sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. In addition to the discrepancies noted here (swing away tire carrier on a pickup, bucket seats vs. bench) I have heard reports of wrong colors, etc.

The database site for pay reports is:

http://www.martiauto.com

The Marti records come from the Ford database, but his computer does the analysis vs. a human using a lookup table at Ford. The basic report is similar to the Ford report. The deluxe report in addition will tell you the dates when the truck was ordered, bucked, actually built, sold, who the selling dealer was, if it was special order or for dealer stock, and a few other statistics, like mine was 1 of 42 3/4 ton 4x4's with my paint/trim codes.
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6