72 Options

General Discussion Topic Archives
DBossMan

72 Options

Post by DBossMan »

Recently bought a 72 Crew to tow my Boss Mustang to car shows. I sent Ford Customer Service an email to get info about the original options that came on the truck.

They responded and listed two options I am not familiar with. Super Cooling Package, and Heavy Duty Package.

Anyone know definitively what these two options included?

Tim
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: 72 Options

Post by willowbilly3 »

I am just guessing but the super cooling is probably the big 4 core radiator and probably a clutch fan. Maybe even a difference in pulleys.
The heavy duty option is most likely the heaviest GVW, I think 8100. Mostly just suspension but would no doubt include the biggest brakes, and probably a few F-350 pieces. It might even have a Dana 70 rear end.
Intteresting to note that back then there was a big overlap between the F-250 and F-350. According to my book the lightest duty F-350 had a GVW of 6600 pounds and the heaviest duty F-250 had a GVW of 8100 pounds with several of each in that window.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
shrektruck

Post by shrektruck »

Super cooling may also include power steering and tranny cooler. My F-350 Crew has both.
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

Shrektruk, welcome aboard. I saw your name when I was rifling through the member list this morning. Good to have another crewcab owner. I just got mine about a month ago.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
shrektruck

Post by shrektruck »

Thanks Willow,
Can't wait to get that monster in the garage and get started. my lovely bride actually bought me a sport custom for Christmas and then I found the crew in Jan. She said "Honey, why didn't you buy it?" Man! I love her!
Anyhow, you'll find I don't always respond right away. I'm not being rude, I'm in the Navy and I'm just not home much.