How many trucks is enough?

General Discussion Topic Archives
wolfpack

How many trucks is enough?

Post by wolfpack »

How many truck is enough or to much? I have two which is fine but can up to 4 more but i can also use the excuse the kids need something to drive..having seven ranging in age from 2 to 14 so i know I can at least open up the yard for a few..lol So you all tell me.....Terry
4x4_Welder

Post by 4x4_Welder »

Well, I currently have seven trucks sitting at my house, in the front yard, but you can't see them from the road. I think as many as you can fit without the neighbors complaining is the right number.
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: How many trucks is enough?

Post by 460 crew »

I'm in a HOA community and it sucks I have the 77 hidden in the garage and the 70 out front so leaves me nowhere to work on stuff. SO I'm with 4x4 saying as many as u can have without complaints and have room to work on them. I've been out fornt working on stuff for 2 days and neither one of my neighbors will even look at me and the rest of the street direvs by slow and gives dirty looks :lol:
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

well i think it also depends on how nice your wife is to? I think maybe 4 would be my limit because then she would probably throw a fit and make me sleep out in them.... :woohoo: then i would get some work done...lol....Terry
4x4_Welder

Post by 4x4_Welder »

So start out with six, with one being an almost-gone parts truck you can strip and scrap or unload quickly. That way, once one is gone, you can always argue that you used to have more........
oldhalftons

Post by oldhalftons »

69 2wd F100
79 2wd F150
just started (restarted) an 84 bronco

I'd like to get one more truck, a 79 or older F350 dually.

thats enough :)
1969 F100 300/4spd power steering, manual brakes
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

well I've got 5 in the yard right now. had 6 a couple weeks ago.

driver- 88 f350
runners- 80 SWB 4x4 and the '72 wrecker
parts trucks- 71 f100 and 65 f100
but I got lots of room to park 'em
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

Too much, too many???? I don't understand lol. You can never have too much of a good thing, right?
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 390Nut »

On my way to starting my own junkyard. :D

Just acquired a second one, which will be a parts-only truck, I think. Seller told me it would drive fine with an engine, but not sure I want to mess with it, as I mainly wanted the disk brake front end, and the power steering. Might just sell those as well, havent decided yet. Who knows, though, I like the supercabs, and having the extra space inside the cab would be cool. Will have to wait till I get it home to really get a good look over on it.

But, I am looking at a couple other possibilities, a 72 shorty half ton, and a `69 F350 long chassis dually (long enough for a 12 foot flatbed! ). Might want that for a parts-hauler. :wink:

How much is too much? Guess that depends on who you live with, and where you live.

I live alone, and my neighbor is more of a motorhead/junk collector than I am, so I think I'm ok. :lol:
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup:
snooziums

Post by snooziums »

I am so going to cry.

I do not have any trucks (or vehicles for that matter), so just one would make me so happy.

*sigh* Maybe someday.
200ci inline-six, three-on-the-tree (No truck :cry:)
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i have 4 trucks and three trailers. one truck is on the way to the salvage though. i dont have any more room i'm full up.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I've got three, counting my parts trucks. I'm kinda hoping to get that whittled down to 1 by springtime, just to give me some more room inside the shop and to make the neighbors happier by getting rid of the other one outside.

Heck, if I was living out in the country where I could get away with having more, I'd never have hauled off the ones I did over the past few years....heck, I'd be up to about a dozen parts trucks by now.

Someday....... :pray:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 390Nut »

snooziums wrote:I am so going to cry.

I do not have any trucks (or vehicles for that matter), so just one would make me so happy.

*sigh* Maybe someday.
Wanna buy a `74 Supercab F100? :evil:
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup:
snooziums

Post by snooziums »

390Nut wrote:Wanna buy a `74 Supercab F100? :evil:
Heh... no. Not in the range I want 67-72, and a supercab sounds a bit heavy for an inline-six engine.

besides, I cannot even afford fuel or insurance. All of my money is going to medical expenses right now, and for saving up for surgery, again.

*sigh* Some of us are not as healthy, and here I am falling apart at the old age of 28.

=^.^=
200ci inline-six, three-on-the-tree (No truck :cry:)
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Re: re: How many trucks is enough?

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

390Nut wrote: But, I am looking at a couple other possibilities, a 72 shorty half ton, and a `69 F350 long chassis dually (long enough for a 12 foot flatbed! ). Might want that for a parts-hauler. :wink:
Man, you coulda had my '71 f350 with the 10' flatbed on it for free over the summer! course it was missing the rear axle, and a few other things. and it needed a motor....... but the price was right! :lol: