How many trucks is enough?

General Discussion Topic Archives
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: How many trucks is enough?

Post by trukcrazy »

Used to have 20+ vehicles at my house when I was younger. Now only have 7 vehicles of which 3 are 67s and 1 is a 68. The answer is there is no such thing as too many trucks! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

I knew a guy that lived out in the county and his yard was full of old broken-down Ch!@#y trucks...One time I stopped by and asked him if he ever counted how many trucks he had...
"Yep",he said.."I've got 99"...
"Well",I said, "I've got one I was going to have towed to the scrapyard that I'll just give you"...
"What fer?",he asked...
"Then you'd have a hundred",I said...
"Now,don't be ridiculous",he said..."What in the hell would I want with a hundred old broken-down Ch!@#y trucks in my yard!"....
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

well like everyone said depends on your yard size and your wife. Me I have 7 kids so i have 7 excuses to get that many trucks, "oh it's for the kids dear"...lol . But me I want at least 4 trucks total in my yard and 1 in my garage, but will see what happens....Terry.
71-F-250SC-72-F-250C

Post by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C »

Im just like 460crew. The 71 is hidden, and the 72 is in the drive way with no engine right now. It should have a engine in maybe another week and a half though. My neighbors also give me dirty looks. They hate our Ford trucks.
71 f-250 Sport Custom-frame off in progress..again thank to irjetmachanic. :)
72 f-250 Custom
71 f-100 swb sport custom
03 mach1 mustang
cant forget my thing...haha 74 volkswagon thing.
[quote="ToughOldFord"]
Damn, 7 gallons per mile, obviously FE powered!
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

No they'd hate you with a chevy. see wealthier folks(even if theys only gots $5 more dollars Than You) Tend to be hateful and jealeous of those of us who work on our own older auto mobiles.

Theys a claim it brings down the property value. See to me i'd rather have a helpfull mechanicly oriented noighbor than a rich snobby one.

Hey 460 aint that the kinda neibrahood that they control everything in the neighbrahood? Your carpet, your lawn, yer Vehicles, Yer interior decorumn? And your dish patterns and almost yer clothes?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
Ford Fisherman

Post by Ford Fisherman »

Have a 68 2wd 360 short bed project -cough cough- parts truck
Have my 68 2wd long bed daily driver custom cab w/360
My wifes daily driver is a 90 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4x4 with a beefed up AMC 360 and a 4" lift with oversized tires. Last but not least is my 86 372V Ranger bass boat.
Garage is packed so full of crap that I could not get a vehicle in if I tried. I need the vehicles in the drive way to cover all the grease spots. We also live in an HOA and the city gave me a warning a couple of years ago. Moved the boat to a neighbors for two weeks around the corner, brought it back and have not heard back from them since. I am knocking on wood now.
Go Horns.
Stroked

Post by Stroked »

Hmm....I don't know how many I have.

86 K10
83 Buick Regal (for sale)
63 Galaxie
72 F100 (parts truck)
71 F250
70 F100 (minus the box and back half of frame)
72 Chevy C10 (wrecked = parts)
61 Bel Air

I guess that makes eight. Plus all the parts. :D
1963 Galaxie 2-door sedan 260/3-speed
1971 F250 2wd 360/4-speed
1986 Chevy K10 305/auto
Many, many parts vehicles.......
Drednme

Post by Drednme »

Well, I plan on 3. We'll never get rid of the 68; then I plan on a 75 Chev like I had in high school; but as soon as Toyota or Nissan comes out with a 3/4 ton, 4x4, stick that is our next ride.
68 F-250, 4x4, 360, 4spd; BMW R1200C; 1995 jeep cherokee XJ RHD
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Rjewkes you got it they get mad when I leave the garbage cans out too long or if they get put out too early the day before , which is a crock seeing that the garbage men show up like 5:30-6:00AM. Also got a complaint because I had a small piece of cardboard under the 77 in the driveway when I went to Michigan for a week because I didn't have time to clear out the garage. Needless to say I got a warning for that. Then that was followed up by 3 more warnings for 2 (other brand) trucks near... about 2 houses down from mine to be move because they had been in the same spots for over a week. I was a little irritated but refrained from writing them back and I didn't feel because I have one or 2 vehicles of vintage years that I am responsible for any of them that might be in the neighborhood.

For all of you that have HOA's that cant have any drip pans or such I came up with the idea to wrap whatever is leaking with a towel .. if it's going to be sitting a while. :P Hopefully we'll be moving after the new year so I don't have to see any of my neighbors that don't even acknowledge you when you say hello multiple times that yells at you that "Boy your a bunch of friendly ppl aren't you!!" I was like YESSS they are definately getting an xmas card and a fruit cake:lol:
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

ouch i'm glad i don't live in an Hoa type of place. Sounds to me like yuppie rules? In my neighborhood it only has to have wheels on it and noone can say anything about it. Besides are mayor's yard has more vehicles in it then mine :lol: , I told my wife if they ever went after me to clean my yard up I would go after the mayor :wink:. Anyway my house is paid off this june so it will be my property. Terry
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

yea your property until they have you pay rent in the form of taxes each year.
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Yup. My uncle lived in An HOA. And Even if he drove his 79 Dodge Ram 250(2500)? Adventurer to work or not there was a note it had to be moved.

They towed a like new (95% Restored)69 Z/28 Marro He had since 75 or so Becuase it was simply too old. It shined like new though.

So he said Heh....Screw 'Em New or like new their gonna tow anything they hate or are jealous of.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

I remember when I blew the 300 motor in my '69 Ford dumptruck,I found a guy selling a 300 in the paper that was still in his p/u....After hearing it run,I gave him 150 bucks for it and came by the next day with the engine puller...His truck was parked on the side of the street next to his apartment complex,and just as we got the motor lifted out of the engine bay,two of Phoenix's finest showed up and informed us that we can't just use a city street to part out vehicles..."Whatever gave you the idea that we were parting out this truck,officer?..We're just sending the engine to the lab for tests."..."Well,aside from the fact that the tires,windshield,doors,hood and now the engine are missing,let's just say we've had a few complaints about this truck,here"..."Ok,ociffer,we'll have it moved today"....

Hey,71.....that's a nice lookin' trailer...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
a26tford

Post by a26tford »

It is my plan to have a nice Ford from each decade, teens-1970's by the time I get old so for me less than seven is not enough. :lol: Only got two now so I have a ways to go.
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

"No such thing as too many"
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8