Woohooo! Fun in the snow!

General Discussion Topic Archives
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Woohooo! Fun in the snow!

Post by Comet »

Went up to Snoqualamie Pass today and cut down a Christmas tree. Tons of snow up there. While walking I dropped into snow up to my shoulders! Wish I had snow shoes.
Anyway, the highboy did great up there. I picked up a quality set of chains and ended up rescuing 4 people-one was a new Silverado. Got to tease him quite a bit. I got stuck twice while screwing around and someone from my club yanked me free.
But I screwed up something with my steering. I think I may have bent my tie rod. I didn't notice it until we got home nearly because I can't make tight right hand turns and I didn't need to until then. It took me two lanes to turn right! :cry: It was dark and I was tired when I got home, so I didn't look at it. I plowed into a snow bank and that's probably when I did it. Does tie rod sound like the likely culprit?
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Woohooo! Fun in the snow!

Post by Comet »

Let me see if I can add some of the pics...
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Hey nice lookin 4x4 but the jeep gotta go! :lol:

Hey! is that a Cb antena?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

And here are some of the rigs in my 4x4 club. My Jeep got left home. I like taking the Ford when I can and this place is perfect for it, as long as there is enough snow to make it interesting.
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

Haha Rjewkes. I've got a CJ7 too. But I think I rescued more people today than anyone and don't have a winch. They had traction problems and I had good chains on the front!
Yeah, that is my cb ant. I have a 4ft one that came with the truck, I just haven't swapped it out yet. That thing is about 14ft in the air! Catches on everything!
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

Ok, last pic. My wife and I like to make our Christmas cards from our annual tree run with the 4x4 club. This one was rejected because she didn't like the truck in the pic. :(
Actually, I agree with her. The one we selected was much better.

edit: ooops, forgot to add the pic
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Cool. I have a Fire stick four footer and A Realistic 23 channel. Gotta find A place to mout the stick where it won't Ground the radio. Unless it is suppossed to ground it.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Sweet :D love the snow pics with the truck!! Your playing in the snow and I rode my streetbike to work today :lol:
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
4x4x4crewcab
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 4x4x4crewcab »

That looks like a great place to have some fun.
I hope the truck problem isn't too bad.
Do you have P/S or the arm strong type?
But the most important question is Did the tree fit in the house? :eek: The size and look can be deceiving.
Mark
1970 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 short box
1969 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
1999 Ford Windstar
1983 Chevrolet Silverado p/u
1990 Lincoln Town Car
1998 Lincoln Town Car
Does your truck need emblems? Check out http://www.onceuponapart.com
Faithful Old Road Dog
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Faithful Old Road Dog »

Looks cold! What's with the hole in the side of the bed?
fordfanatic

Post by fordfanatic »

Looks like he turned his bed into a spare gas tank! How much sealant did that take? lol. Nice looking rig Comet.
Chris
If it's broke, Fix it! If it can't be fixed, explain to your wife that you need it anyway!:D :fr:
----------------------------------
1971 F100 Ranger parts truck
1969 F100 Ranger parts truck
19?? Combo project (from above)
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hardtailjohn »

I always loved it up there!! When I was hauling straw over there, I made $200 one night, putting chains on guys' trucks that had never messed with them before... pretty easy money!!
John H.
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!
tazzman68

Post by tazzman68 »

great snow pics, wish I had gone up with ya, just got 32"s on the lil Bronco, and I want to play too.
oldford

Post by oldford »

man, now that looks like some fun. :rock: good luck with the front end fix.
1971 f250 4x4, 390- 4 speed- 4.56
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

Tazz, I wished I woulda known, we do this every yr. I'll let you know next time.
Well the steering problem is definetly the tie rod and the end. I remember screwing around on the banks at the sides of the FS road and trying to climb it. I got stuck because I couldn't turn right out of the pile of snow. Now I know why. It's the old armstrong factory highboy set up. But I have a '78 hp d44 with disc brakes sitting in my back yard. Sounds like I need to step up and get that thing in. I will try to bend the one I have to get me by for awhile.
F.O.R.D. haha, funny! Those are the only non factory holes in the truck not caused by rust! BTW, have you done anything with those tanks? Did you get them cleaned up? Installed?
Oh, and the tree was 12ft tall. The tallest they let you cut. We are putting it outside and putting lights on it.