Stainless steel hardware kits available

General Discussion Topic Archives
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Stainless steel hardware kits available

Post by FORDification »

I just thought I'd let you know about a vendor's website I ran across this evening with some totally cool stuff. ;)

Totally Stainless Inc. of Gettysburg PA has complete stainless steel hardware kits available for our trucks. In fact, with their kits you could almost replace every major nut/bolt/washer with stainless...and at a (somewhat) reasonable price too. The average person probably wouldn't (couldn't) do it all at once, but the fact that they're available as kits makes the process so much easier. However, they also sell individual pieces, and you can use their catalog to find the bolt/screw with just the right head, thread pitch and length.

I just did a little bit of screen-capture of their PDF catalog to put together the following, showing the kits available and their prices:

http://www.fordification.com/board/tota ... celist.gif - 86K

I then ran across a write-up about them (at WebRodder.com) about their products, and borrowed the following from them. This is Totally Stainless' front suspension kit for our trucks, running about $134:

...and here's their rear suspension kit at $210:

Anyway, I thought this was something worth showing you all. I just added them to the LINKS PAGE for future reference. I have a feeling I'm going to be getting hold of these folks in the near future and getting started replacing a lot of the steel hardware with stainless on my project. After all, I'm trying to build this to last forever!
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

I got all my hardware from Gardner-Westcott Co. they also sell kits for Fords and have both chrome and logo bolt kits.
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

Got a link to them comet?

Not sure what I am gonna use on my truck.

Stainless is nice but then again to have ford logo bolts sounds good too..
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

Here is there web address www.gardner-westcott.com I have there catalog and the BBF kit is part no. 56253 (FE) and 56254 (429/460). Logo kits are 11-and the same suffix above.
Last edited by Comet on Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

Thanks comet!!!
overtime

re: Stainless steel hardware kits available

Post by overtime »

Theirs also another place on the net that u can get them. A place called Doc's house of bolts down in Fl. thir prices may be a little cheeper. Also, at one time they had the ford logo in ss kits for the front end and engine compartment.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

I have their complete body and bed kit,

Forgot they had the suspension stuff... I'll have to get that ordered...

It is nice stuff!
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

that gardner site even had chrome hood hinges. isn't that different.
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

fordman wrote:that gardner site even had chrome hood hinges. isn't that different.
That's cool. My catalog is fasteners only and I had never been to their site until you pointed that out. Too bad they don't offer one for the '61-66. Save me from taking mine to the chromer.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i thought they did but i'm not sure. i just typed in ford and looked through all 419 items to see what all they had.