classic trucks ('72 F-100 tech article )

General Discussion Topic Archives
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

Doesn't matter, Ford or Chevy their tech is always oversimplified and often overlooks several key points. I actually started to reply to this thread the other day when I saw it, but I have ripped Primedia mags on several forums including one where Rob Fortier and other Primedia hacks frequent. I get tired of posting the same thing over and over. So I deleted my response. This was one of many reasons I stopped subscribing after only one issue. In fact, some of you may remember my post where they printed my rant in the mag after receiving my first subscribed issue I told them I was not renewing. I thumbed through this one on the rack because someone recommended an article. I was once again reminded why I let it go and was actually pissed I spent time looking for it. A magazine should not piss you off and CT did every time I got it in the mail.
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: classic trucks ('72 F-100 tech article )

Post by Joe Kriston »

Funny,...I was thinking yesterday,while I was replacing my starter,covered in 30 year old grease up to my elbows,and then washing off with lemony joy dishwashing liquid(out of Go-jo),reminding me of every newly acquired scrape,cut and gash on my knuckles and wrists,....I was thinking about these nice men that they feature in these tech articles,or these Hot Rod garage type of tv shows...they may as well be dentists,or proctologists....they seem to stay all nice and clean and fresh...never needing to cuss to get the new part to fit on just right...

I've only read Classic Truck a few times at the newsstands,and I don't really care to pay to read all that advertising...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

Maybe it's time for a new mag to hit the stands? Anyone up for it? After seeing the likes of Ol Skool and Hot Rod DeLuxe(which are trying to revert back to the do-it-yourself/get-dirty-doing-it format), anything is possible these days. :D
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by mk »

That sounds like a good idea. Don't be thinking I'm making excuses for these guys. Shallow articles seem to be a way of life for both of those magazines. A bit of work on that aspect would sure win them some subscribers instead of a quick flip through on the newsstand.

mike
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

Just as soon as the "experts" get a deal on some free parts to take
home, we might see some buy this or that wonderful part write up.
For now I'll go and take my chance's with the advice from my friends
here at Fordification. A pretty good group of Ford truck guys. JMO

Keith P