1971 Sport Custom

General Discussion Topic Archives
dablack00
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: 1971 Sport Custom

Post by dablack00 »

Hey Hmills,

I'm down in clear lake (south of Houston) and have a couple of trucks. My 71 F100 used to be my daily driver. It is down for a new engine and trans right now. I should be starting it up in a couple of weeks. There are a couple of us in the Houston area. Welcome to the site.

Austin
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

welcome to the site Hmills, and please don't be afraid to sure things you think we already know about these trucks.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
hmills

Post by hmills »

Howdy Austin - glad to here i'm not alone down here in Big H. I'm up in Cypress off Hwy 290 just outside Hwy 6. Sure I know Clear Lake - just south of Mickey Gilley's (well he's in Branson MO now but Pasadena's still there).

Thanks "rjewkes" - My 15 year old son and I are just learning about these sweat old trucks. Brought her home last Friday and so far we have changed a leaking fuel line, changed the oil and plugs and started cleaning her up. points and rotor are next then the tranny. Should be a good father son project.

Keep on trukin. HMills
hmills

Post by hmills »

thanks for the suggestion. I'll check into it.