A Big Thanks Keith for another Year, and hopefully many more

General Discussion Topic Archives
CACWBY

A Big Thanks Keith for another Year, and hopefully many more

Post by CACWBY »

I just realized it's been a year since I made a contribution to Keith and all his hard work at keeping this site up, it's easy to take for granted, sorry Keith, I'll be off to the Pay Pal button.

Seems like only a few months ago you fled FTE (whatever that is - it's been so long I'm not sure) taking some of us with you.

Let's hope your family will continue to let you give us 67-72 people a place to hang out. (Now where is that Pay Pal button?).
Trevor Rush
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: A Big Thanks Keith for another Year, and hopefully many

Post by binder56jd »

I second that emotion JD
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
19674x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 19674x4 »

I third that

this site is my place to go to escape class work when we are on computers
My Photo Album
2012 Cummins-the luxury Tow Pig
1967 F-250 highboy 352, np435(((((((sold))))))))) My first true love
1968 F100 SWB. 360, np-435, flatbed, currently acting as a hornest nest and bee hive.
1971 F-100 4x4 Step-side. 360, np-435, 70k origional miles- needs allot of love.
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

I will go along also. And I agree with you, Trevor, this would be the time to show some support. Could you add a few bucks to your contribution for me? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nevermind, I'll send my own. :( Thanks Keith, this has got to be the fastest growing site around. Happy New Year everyone, John.
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

Add 1 more to the list! This site provides insite, knowledge, and a lot of entertainment through-out the year.
thank you, Keith, for all that you do!
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
71-F-250SC-72-F-250C

Post by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C »

Yes if I did not have this site I would be so bored, and it would make it so hard to restore that 71 we are trying to restore. I have a hard time not visiting this site everyday. Thanks keith for all your help and information. :clap:
71 f-250 Sport Custom-frame off in progress..again thank to irjetmachanic. :)
72 f-250 Custom
71 f-100 swb sport custom
03 mach1 mustang
cant forget my thing...haha 74 volkswagon thing.
[quote="ToughOldFord"]
Damn, 7 gallons per mile, obviously FE powered!
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

Yep thanks Keith for all your hard work on here, I dunno if I'd actualy still be halfway sane if I didn't have this as my 2nd home. You know besides sitting on the couch.
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

if i ever get a job i'll make a contribution too. but right now i am completely broke :(. great job Keith. :thup: i just read the I'm censored page. do you spend thousands of dollars on this site like the FTE guy said he does?

:fte: :fr:
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Sharkdance »

Good post CACWBY.
I would like to thank Keith as well. Great job Dude!
We apreciate everything you do to keep this place up. running, and informative.
You deserve every bit of support that is due!
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
Missingbolts

Post by Missingbolts »

I'd have to say that this is a much better site than any other I have been to. I don't know where you get the time for all the research that helps us all.

THANKS KEITH!!
One man's junk is another man's BA Truck
Chuck
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Hey, thank you Trevor and everyone else....the support is greatly appreciated! However, I can't take all the credit, a lot of the 'attaboys' needs to go to everyone who contributes here, whether it's answering a question, helping a forum user find a part for his restoration, or just hanging out and making this a fun place to visit regularly.

I haven't told anyone about this before, but a couple months ago I received a phone call from someone who gave his name but not who he was affiliated with (unless I signed a confidentiality agreement), though he mentioned that he was in "a related field". He said he was interested in and wanted to buy the website and all it's contents. :eek: While I have to admit I was curious, I decided to just save us both some trouble and told him right then that the site was not for sale for any price. I'm just having too much fun here with you all, and see a lot more potential for futher future expansion, should I decide to go that route...though there aren't any current plans to do so.

I hope to continue updating/upgrading the site and forums for a long time to come, as long as I can afford to do so, both personally and financially. Right now the financial end isn't too big of a burden, though all donations to help pay for hosting fees, etc. are definitely appreciated and put to good use. Heck, I'd probably still continue to do so even if some super-cool mega-site came out and lured you all away....this is my hobby, and I really enjoy it and the great people I've met because of it. :D

I DO have plans for some pretty cool additions to the site in the near future. They've been started but progress is slow, mainly due to having my hands full with my family (two boys and a girl over the past 3 years....there are ALWAYS time for some things!) ;) What little spare time I do have left I try to divide between my own project and the website. I actually only get 3-4 days each month to spend the entire day in the shop working on my '67, and while I'm not progressing nearly as quickly as I'd like on either one, the progress is slow but steady. Oh well....like they say, 'Rome wasn't built in a day', right? ;)

Our semi-annual fundraising drive here to pay the necessary fees and expenses really wasn't necessary for a few more months, but if anyone else would care to donate to the cause, you can click the PayPal button in the upper-righthand corner of this page for more information. By no means is this necessary, but if you feel like you've gotten some use out of the site for your own project(s), it would be greatly appreciated.

I have to admit, the growth of this site and the forums over the past year has been nothing short of amazing! It should be a lesson to some others in "related fields" what can be achieved by giving people what they want (straight-forward information), NOT giving them what they don't want (pop-ups, banner ads, 'how-to' tutorials on weeny things like how to change your windshield wiper blades) and basically just treating everyone like a real person.

So [raising my can of Mountain Dew], here's to another phenominal year at FORDification!! A big thank you goes out to everyone here....guess I'll see you all here next year (or in about 1-1/2 hours!) :lol:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
import600

Post by import600 »

Keith, i would like to say thanks as well. Happy new year. keep up the good work. Also i dunno if this is known or not.. but what do you do for a living?
just curious. you're very knowlegable. wondering if that is becasue of a career. w/e Nice job. my hats off for you.

Kyle
kyle
1971 F100 2wd swb 429 C6
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Nah, this is just a hobby. I run the pressroom and big web printing presses at the local small-town newspaper. Wel also print newspapers for nearly a dozen or so other neighboring communities. I've got a couple pictures of the presses I work with posted down at the bottom of this page....and they're even older than our trucks!
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

Thank's Keith from Keith. I'm glad I stumbled in here to find your site.
The people that post here are not like some I've encountered at other
one's. Their likeable here. This is the only one I look at every day.
I guess it's kinda like reading about somebodys adventure. These old
trucks are a lot of fun. The C###y guys look at one, and they don't have
a clue. With wagon wheels that keep spinning after they stop, their happy.
I'm glad your here, is what I think I'm trying to say.

May all have a great new year. :)
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

I agree completely with CACWBY...it does seem like not so long ago we were discussing our problems elsewhere. Man...I am glad you went with this Keith. I am truly amazed every time I log on and catch up with the posts and when I browse the website. Your dedicaion is amazing and I for one truly appreciate it. As always, you are the MAN!

Thaks for all you do Keith. Especially since I am living vicariously through you all until i return to the States in 2007. Thanks Again Keith.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree