Send me some pics

General Discussion Topic Archives
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Send me some pics

Post by FORDification »

OK, I guess I need to be a little more specific. Don't worry, these things aren't something you'd normally think of, but for this specific project they're pretty important.

First of all, what I really need are pictures that are taken outside in bright sunlight, and preferably without shadows of trees or other items. Pictures taken at night or inside a garage are usually just too dark to see any detail....and they're going to lose even more detail when I adjust the hue to make it a solid light blue.

Also, the pictures need to be wider than they are tall, in order to get them into the rectangular box. A square picture just won't work, because to fit the box I have to trim the top and bottom of the picture....and if you've already cropped it square as close as you can, that means when I crop it I end up cutting off parts of the truck. So ideally they need to be side views. I can use front or rear views (pictures that would basically be square) IF they haven't been already cropped, so I have some meat on both sides of the subject to work with. Here's an example of what I mean. Here's a picture of Robert's truck...taken at night from the front. (Not picking on you, Robert....just randoming choosing yours as an example):

Now, by the time I shrink it down to fit in the box, this is what I get:

...and here's what I'd end up with trying to use it:

See what I mean? Not only does the very dark picture not show any detail, but because it's already cropped too closely, I don't have anything to work with along the sides.....which means the top and bottom had to be cropped down to fit.

Here's one more example. This is spartman's truck. It's a good side shot, but it's already cropped to right up against the truck, and doesn't give me anything along the sides to work with, so this:

...becomes this when trimmed down to fit into the box:

See what I mean? :wink: I really want to use your trucks, guys....but I need some 'before-editing' shots. If you don't have any, then dig out the digital and snap a few, and send them to me completely unaltered.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

didn't think about that.:oops:

i can get a good one tomarrow after school because its sunny and its on the street so i can get a good shot of it.
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
1970 dream

Post by 1970 dream »

i would love for you to use mine but i dont know how to get it to you im not a good computer wiz so if you could give me advice i would love to let you have my pic
1970 ford f 100
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

You can attach them to an e-mail to me sent to 'admin at fordification dot com'.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

You can use mine if you want they are in my photo gallery.
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by BigRedTruck »

69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

by the way that is me you seee on the right of the truck my brother walter is on the left. I think i have a day time one or two on the computer from a car show. They were snapped with a cell phone if they don't work i'll get some more with a digital cam.

And as far as examplig me if it helps get the point across its ok.:thup:

What if it looks like this?:

or this?:

Both where taken a week before i replaced the radiator and the Front sheet metal and ran duals. IIRc it was the hottest day in june this year 102 or so in the shade. In miami ok.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Sorry Robert, those won't work either....they're just cropped too closely.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
LilJack

Post by LilJack »

I can take some recent pics of mine, I'll give you a link when I get them.
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

That also was an unedited pic.

At the time I didn't want all the other stuff to show up in the pic so I zoomed in as close as I could to the truck.

I will try and get some better pics of my truck this weekend.

That is assuming I can get it out of the snow bank it is in currently. :)
hmills

Send me some pics

Post by hmills »

you are welcome to use this mine. here's the link

http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... &pos=-2428

HMills
blue68

Post by blue68 »

Hey Keith, I'm going to work on re-sizing one of my pics. I'll post it on here soon.
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t