Car Craft Comment..Good or Bad?

General Discussion Topic Archives
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i seen that. they wanted to know if there would be any intrest in making a muscule truck. if so i was thinking we could email them maybe with a link to the site.

did you read the article about porting or buy ported heads? it was interesting but it really didn't tell how to port them it just said what should be ported to get better performance.
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Car Craft Comment..Good or Bad?

Post by 1970F250 »

its good and bad.

bad: good short beds are hard to find. there will be even less of them around to find if more people want them.

good:more of our trucks will be saved and more people on the forum.

but i don't like the sound of a "muscle truck". sounds like they want people to pull a monster garage on our trucks :dk:
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

to me these trucks are muscle trucks anyway the haul more pull more than any truck out there. I would like to see a build up of our trucks in a magazine myself so it could help the hobby and make our trucks more vauable to everyone out there...Terry
The dumbest question in the world is the one you don't ask.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Here's a scan:

Personally, I think it would be a GREAT idea. I doubt one magazine buildup is suddenly going to turn a '69 SWB into a much sought-after 'muscle-truck', nor do I think it would jepordize our parts supply to any measureable degree. However, what it MIGHT do is at least give a little much-needed exposure to for trucks and actually HELP our cause a bit. I'm gonna shoot them an e-mail and encourage them to go for it. I'd like to see what they can do....or if it would just be another bolt-on tutorial. They DO have access to resources that most of us don't, so it has potential for being worthwhile.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I just posted a message to the Car Craft messageboard, encouraging them to consider such a build-up:

http://forums.carcraft.primediaautomoti ... 95.1&ctx=0
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

sweet keith....I think it would be a great chance for car craft to really let everyone know that these trucks are plentiful and can be fixed at a reasonable price, I mean heck even on a limited budgetl look at me with my dealings? not really showing alot of work done on it yet but just getting the stuff i need to start it though....Terry
The dumbest question in the world is the one you don't ask.
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

Good thing.
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!
Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: re: Car Craft Comment..Good or Bad?

Post by Sharkdance »

I see the thread at CC is growing. Kewl!
Keith truely has the 'gift of gab' and makes a professional argument. Thanks man.
Now if we can all just follow suit and not let the thread turn into a Chevy VS Ford bashing contest. Choose words carefully.
They (CC) will have no choice but to take the idea seriously.
ToughOldFord wrote:BTW, what's wrong with long beds?
Nothing! I own and love a long bed. Me thinks thier beautiful. And I can put a full sheet of 8'X48" plywood flat in the bed and still close the tailgate. :D
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Yeah, the comment from someone that he thought the Che*y trucks from that era looked better almost got a retort from me, but I decided that maybe diplomacy would be a better route to take. ;) If you decide to add something to the thread, let's impress the readers by not going down that road. Knee-jerk reactions to the inevitable bad-mouthing of Ford aren't going to win us any brownie points.

I also sent the CC crew an e-mail, just in case they don't regularly check their own messageboard, encouraging them to consider it.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

I just had to put my 2c in. Car/Chevy Craft doing a Ford??????
I'll believe it when I see it. Whats gonna happen when they take the
Ford pu into one of their freebee Chevy shops where they never even
seen one before and try to get the free parts they hustled put on? I see
a lot of head scratching. If it's an FE I can just see the bent up valve
covers from them changing the intake. I can see them trying to replace
everything on the truck with Chevy parts, claiming their, err, well, just more better. If they do it and actually work on it and keep it FORD, I'm
all for it! K.P
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

This is a bit off-topic (OK, WAY off topic), but I just noticed that a thread there at the Car Craft forums was talking about G-body GM products. A guy was wanting them to do a feature on them....and he attached a picture of a Monte Carlo. I had to do a double-take, because it looked VERY familiar.... then I realized it looked familiar because he used one of my pictures! (Look in THIS THREAD...the very first post has a picture attached to it. Look down in the lower right-hand corner of the picture....pretty cool, huh?) He got that picture from the Road Gems Car Club's website, of which I'm the webmaster and official photog, taken at one of our annual Last Fling 'Til Spring car shows here. 8)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

Yeah it would suck if they start puting all this GM crap :nono: :cuss: on the ford truck. If they are going to do a ford just keep it all ford.
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

What did you shoot it with?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: re: Car Craft Comment..Good or Bad?

Post by FORDification »

Jake11 wrote:What did you shoot it with?
I just borrowed an older Kodak 3 megapixel digital from work. But after I get all the pics home each year, I spend a week solid from the time I get off work until midnight or so (5-6 hours/night) touching the pictures up, cropping, resizing, adjusting the color and contrast, sharpening them up, etc.

Don't think I'll be doing it again this year though. I think 2005 was my last year with the club. I've just got too much else going on to devote the time that's needed for the club's website. Too bad...my new Canon would have really cranked out some great pics for the show.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

Just curious, good pic. I have a D70 I play with.