Original or Custom?????

General Discussion Topic Archives
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

if the upgrade is functional and does not hurt safety or drivabiity. Also the upgrade should have a decernable use. I mean don't put a scoop on the hood if it is fake. Or a spoiler when it don't need it.

Realy it is upto you but alot of people don't want to have to deal with patching up holes especialy on the outside of custom jobs, when they have to remove something they don't want that wasn't factory.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
blue68

Post by blue68 »

Also, you could do reversible upgrades---things that can be un-done in the future if desired. I don't think I'd get into sheet-metal modification, or cutting, if it was me, but things like rims can always be removed.

Oh yeah, modifications like a disc-brake frontend are the kinds of mods that appeal to me, or something like a locking rear. Souped-up internals in your engine are cool too, because nobody can pop the hood and see them. I think that the OEM Ford stuff has WAY better quality than anything else, and thats majorly why I choose to like OEM parts better.
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Original or Custom?????

Post by GT-Racer »

OK I am part of the minority here. I plan to customize my truck. Great look of a Ford truck with modern conveniences of a new car. Sway bars, large disc brakes, 5-speed manual, etc are the plans of the future for me. But that is ME. I run with a group of hot rodders and customizers. My good friend has a 65 corvair with a 355 in the back seat. The other guy has a blown 355 comin out the hood of his chebbie truck.
I want a wildly painted, modified truck because its the crowd I run with and the way we do things. A stocker wouldnt get me any looks around the shows we go to.

Just the same The corvair would look silly pulling into car show for stock vehicles where many of the trucks here could easily get trophys.

All that said its really up to you. I agree with most of the guys who said get another truck. Build them together as a team effort. Yours the way you like and his the way he likes.
'67 F100 2wd shortbed - Beginning restoration.
351w, 5-speed, 3:70 gears (someday)

Drivin' a Chevy is Kinda Like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense....:)
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I'm partial to the original look myself.
Maybe some mild customizing, like wheels and tires.
I really think these trucks look best as original, though.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

My biggest customization would be to have some skins made of either sheet metal or removeable plastic to go behind the seat(s) in each corner so as to have a place to put some 6x9 three ways.

And some extra ornementations such as a mack bull dog Chrome with light up red led lights. :twisted:
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
1970 dream

Post by 1970 dream »

i think half and half put some crome just dont over do it make it look classy
1970 ford f 100
dcopr

Post by dcopr »

Thanks Guys, I'm still not decided, but the idea of reversible changes leaving the paint scheme and interior seems to be a good idea. Maybe dual exhaust, chrome rims, stereo and leaving the rest of original.
Anyway thanks for the input!!

Dcopr
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Your welcome. And Most importantly, Have fun while restoring her.
fuelly.com