Censored??!

General Discussion Topic Archives
michaelbrainard

Censored??!

Post by michaelbrainard »

I too have had several posts removed from FTE...slapped on the hand several times for posting something other than "big brother" saw fit. If I want to post my email address in a forum that is my decision...and If I want to tell someone about a vendor other than the ones who host FTE I should be able to. Piss on 'em.
heep70
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Censored??!

Post by heep70 »

:yt: :bow: :woohoo: :thup:
Greg

1971 F250 "Highboy". SOLD to "Highboy_Firefighter_71"
2000 Subaru Outback limited.
2000 F250 4X4 PSD SuperDuty Crew.
2010 Polaris 800RMK Dragon 155"
2013 Polaris Pro 800 RMK 163"
1980 Built Toyota "Trail Rig".
My last 1971 "Highboy" pics
Rockcrusher

Post by Rockcrusher »

Censored? Hell, their forum fuehrer wouldn't even let me register!
Rockcrusher
http://www.rockcrusher4x4.com
Ignorance is sticking your hand in the fire 'cause you don't know what it is ... Stupidity is doing it a second time.
crazy larry

Post by crazy larry »

that place sucks.
Larry

'72 F-250 Kustom 396 c.i.
Fotoes
OldBlue67
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by OldBlue67 »

Man, I was a full fledged (and paid) member of FTE before the ...er "it" hit the fan :wink: just recently have my cookies cleared so I can even look at the site (well, they may have been clear for a while, but why bother going there?). Not too long ago something went weird (I think it was a paypal mess up) and I received an email saying "thanks for renewing your membership to FTE!" :eek: :hmm: (obviously an automatic email or I don't think it would have all the gushing "glad to have you"s :lol: ) So I had to (oh lord) email Ken and attempt to be as polite as possible while saying "I want no part of you, gimme my damn money back" :x He was surprisingly polite, too bad that doesn't carry over onto other aspects.....any other aspects :evil:

....I think I still have my membership card around somewhere. I was thinking of melting it on my manifold, but I don't want to nasty my
engine. :evil:

I feel kinda special being among the banned....all badass or someting 8) :lol:
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Personally, I find it kinda cool that they've classified us over here as .....um....well, as 'non-conformists', to put it mildly. ;) Fine by me...I'd much rather hang out with you guys anyway. :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Ken can (hey wheres the finger smilie?)

I been thrown out of LOTS better places than that!
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
1968_ONEHUN

Post by 1968_ONEHUN »

The guys whom run that site are morons,I,ve seen stuff like that as well.Its their way,or down the highway.
1968 F-100 Custom Cab
300 6cyl 4spd

If it ain't broke,what the hell, fix it anyways !
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

That FTE is strange. Sometimes they let things slip, then it is back to the "zero tolerance" level. Kind of like " Welcome to our site, post whatever you like...oh yeah, the dogs and the machine guns are for your protection only, really! (Forum Nazi's)

I'm still allowed access to it, but only look for folks wanting assistance decoding their VIN and stuff like that.

They shut me down for awhile, then it all cleared up.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I wonder if they still send spys over here. I know at first, everything that was said here got back to Ken. I would think that after is all simmered down maybe it became a waste of time for them.
I got booted for referring to them with some Hitler comparison over here. I think I used the term Hitler youth as a sort of pun from Animal House.. When I contacted Ken to ask him why I was booted he sent me a personal email saying he didn't think it was very nice that I compared him to someone who had murdered millions of people. Point taken so I appologized and he let me back in. I can still go there but have only done so a couple times just to see if I still can. I visited once about a month ago and even posted just to see if I could. I only recognized 2 names on the whole 67-72 forum so not many of the people from a year ago are still active.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
1968Ranger

Post by 1968Ranger »

What forum? :D
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

FTE (ford truck enthusiest)
Ok just so some of you newer guys know what's going on and don't feel outside the loop here. Keith was just doing what he does with no ulterior motives. He was gathering info and had a great information site. Then Ken got upset because some of Keith's stuff had links to his Olds website. I guess somehow Ken thought Keith was secretly trying to undermine FTE or something. But instead of just haveing a discussion with Keith about how he felt, he started deleting posts. It led to a pissing match and now we are all here and much the better for it.
What I wonder is if it ever occured to Ken what an asset Keiths contribution to his site was. Oh well, his loss I guess.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

I concur willowbilly3. Keith's contribution over there was pretty significant. I guess some folks have a control issue or two.
The end result for us is great...a 67-72 Forum site with all the data too.

I do not even compare the 2 forum's in the same category. This is the best thing going for 67-72 Ford trucks.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
1968Ranger

Re: re: Censored??!

Post by 1968Ranger »

1968Ranger wrote:What forum? :D
This was another attempt at humor! hence the large grin.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Well, the site wouldn't be what it is today if it weren't for the people like you all who have migrated over from the Dark Side and also helped spread the word that there was an alternative. Yeah, I definitely think that the 'Ken-trol Freak' underestimated us. ;)

We're getting better every day! :woohoo:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!