Proformance Unlimited 390FE for #50: a complete disaster.

Engine Forum Archives

Moderator: Ranchero50

70shortwide

Re: Proformance Unlimited 390FE for #50: a complete disaster.

Post by 70shortwide »

he didnt asked for a refund of the total purchase prcie, he deducted the amounts that the reusable parts are valued.
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

70_F100 wrote::yt:

You tell it, Frank!!!
I wonder if BigMacAttack works for PU???

:fr:
I wonder.... :lol:
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

You know its PU, who else would defend that crappy motor. And put down the new engine builder. Nobody else would be that dumb.
Last edited by hazelnut on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: 390FE (406ci) for #50, built by Tom Lucas at FE Specialties.

Post by Redcap »

BigMacAttack wrote:As I have been following your posts I noticed that

1. rob roy admits on his own forum that he is the one who damaged his engine due to inexperience. "I wouldn't considering sending it back to Proformance Unlimited, because it's out of warranty. And besides, I caused the problem by not checking the clearances when installing the windage tray, so I feel responsible for it." Robroy: "Yes I think that's the most probable thing at this point! Now that I know that I was supposed to check for crankshaft clearance after installing the tray, it makes sense. This may be painful but that's how inexperienced guys like me gain experience! Plus, if I need to remove the pan, I will have a custom drain plug installed this time (really)!"

2. It looks to me like Rob roy took it upon himself to go on a forum and ask questions about taking things apart on an engine. Rob roy should have just returned the engine, and I am sure the builder would have repaired the engine at no charge to the customer providing the fault was theirs or a manufacturer defect.

3. It looks like Rob roy was looking for a full refund of his engine and he was going to keep it and have it rebuilt elsewhere. How could someone expect a full refund when they were keeping the whole engine. I mean if you think about it, if you buy a car and want to get a refund due to having problems with it, you cant expect to be able to keep the car and get full payment back for the cost you paid.

3. The last is some notes on Tom Lucas which speak for themself and ironically this motor had a loud tapping noise:

FE Specialties of Sacramento, CA is the one who put my engine together. The owner, Tom Lucas, promised me a 600HP engine that made 377 to the wheels on a dyno after extensive tuning. Whats worse, is when I went to pick my car up the guy hit me for another $3000 dollars over what the amount was supposed to be. Basically a pay me or don't get your car type of deal. I contacted the man after my trip to the dyno to let him know what was going on and he suggested that I bring my car back to him so that he could retard the camshaft some in hopes of some more power. He then proceeded to also let me know that it would only cost me $75 an hour for him to do this and try to get what I already paid for out of the engine. Outside of paying him a lot more money, he refused to do anything at all about it. Unfortunately, there are several others getting this same treatment from this mans shop. This guy is a thief who will not stand behind his work and then blame his bad service on the owner of the vehicle. There was a Just letting those of you in the Sacramento area know in case you are in need of extensive engine work. Do not go to this guy! I have also found that this month alone, he has had 3 complaints to the B.A.R from customers. With me doing the same, it will be four. I don't know how many of you are in the Sacramento, CA. area but I figure its worth noting since he has built a few engines that were shipped all the way to Illinois.

I posted about a knock my engine developed. It ended up being a wristpin. It was bad enough to waste the connecting rod too. The big thing is that it was found the engine was put together dirty and ALL the bearings were going south. So it was really a blessing (take them how they come) that the rod made a little noise to the point that I looked into it more. If I had'nt, it would've got worse fast. I will be getting the car back this coming week sometime I'm sure with a few more added to it, actually about 150 more things added to it . Will take a few pictures for those that care to see it. Can't do anything to fun in it right now since I will be breaking it in but soon it will be at Sac Raceway again trying to run some numbers worthy of a 460.
Blah, blah, blah. Nice first post.

I smell a troll.
Caseys71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Caseys71 »

:yt: x7! Looks like someone was getting defensive about such a poorly built engine, and then putting down the engine that Tom built :eek: Wonder who it could be :hmm:?
Casey
16 years old with a 40 year old truck (well almost)
1971 F-100302, T-18 4 speed, 3:55 rear, & an Edelbrock sticker on the ashtray.
"Don't worry about what you become, just make sure that you're successful at what you do."- Mr. English
"Value what you DO have over that which you don't."- Forrestbump
"Wanting can sometimes be better than having, never stop dreaming... it's what keeps us all going."- Forrestbump
1984 Toyota 4x4: 22-R, 5-speed, 3" suspension lift, 35's and 5:29's
dustman_stx
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dustman_stx »

Caseys71 wrote::yt: x7! Looks like someone was getting defensive about such a poorly built engine, and then putting down the engine that Tom built :eek: Wonder who it could be :hmm:?
I saw this yesterday and thought the same thing. If it is someone from PU, what did they think they'd accomplish with that post? For everyone here to agree and call them right up to build an engine?
knightfire83
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by knightfire83 »

:yt:
1974 Ford F-100 4x4- 360 / manual.
1970 Ford F250 4x4 ~ Sold.
Alvin in AZ
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Alvin in AZ »

knightfire83 wrote:{yeah, that}
Heck no, he's Mac and he's one of Tom's easier-to-get-along-with customers and he lives in the Sacto area! :/

Alvin (dumber than you thought) in AZ
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Based on the registration IP address, I would say there is better than a 95% chance "BigMacAttack" is "Proformance Unlimited".

I personally will be operating under the belief that that is the case until such time as some documentation to back up his claims is forth coming...
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
sport71
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by sport71 »

Man what a bad doer! :hn: PU didn’t lose anything, the only one who lost in this whole ordeal was Robroy. :( And I don’t think that Toms reputation will be hurt one bit. :thup: If it is PU that posted this nonsence, they are just digging themselves deeper in the hole, because the work speaks for it’s self.
I'll probably be getting one of those BigMacAttacks on my post.
sport71
Those who do not learn the lessons of history, are doomed to repeat it.
70shortwide

Post by 70shortwide »

DuckRyder wrote:Based on the registration IP address, I would say there is better than a 95% chance "BigMacAttack" is "Proformance Unlimited".

I personally will be operating under the belief that that is the case until such time as some documentation to back up his claims is forth coming...
not questioning what your saying in the least bit, I think everyone agrees. Im curious though, how can you tell by an ip address?
eggman918
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by eggman918 »

If you cant accept that now and then a project will go wrong.....don't start any more projects. then nothing can go wrong.
CRYING about it wont help,neither will blaming others for it.
How anybody can run a successful business and conduct themselves in such a manor is beyond my comprehension :hmm:
All I can say is Robroy is a calmer man than I could be under the circumstances.
There karma will bite them in the A$$ in the end.
Steve

The"Filthy Beast"- '68 F-250 Crew Cab 131"W/B 4x4 4BT compounds hx30/Wh1c,5x.012" sac injectors/ZF 5/NP203-205 /3.54 44 trutrack front/60 trutrack rear on 33's. 2nd owner

"Beauty is only skin deep....Ugly is to the bone"
It is more important to understand what you don't know than what you do know,because then you can start to learn..???
"you must deal with the attaboys and the ass chewing s with your head up and looking them in the eyes" T.J.E. aka My Dad
There are only three types of people wolves, sheepdogs, and sheep. What are you?
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

70shortwide wrote:
DuckRyder wrote:Based on the registration IP address, I would say there is better than a 95% chance "BigMacAttack" is "Proformance Unlimited".

not questioning what your saying in the least bit, I think everyone agrees. Im curious though, how can you tell by an ip address?
It isn't very difficult at all, and if you want more information I am sure that a basic Internet search would turn up resources that would explain it far better than I can.

I'm not going to post his IP information, but let me just say that I doubt the company would have named the network the ip is assigned to "nwrknj" if it was in Sacramento California just for starters... :wink:
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
70_F100

Post by 70_F100 »

DuckRyder wrote:

I'm not going to post his IP information, but let me just say that I doubt the company would have named the network the ip is assigned to "nwrknj" if it was in Sacramento California just for starters... :wink:
Isn't technology wonderful??? :D :D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.--Plato
Why is it that there's seldom time to fix it right the first time, but there's always time to fix it right the second time???

That's not an oil leak :nono: That's SWEAT from all that HORSEPOWER!! :thup:
70shortwide

Post by 70shortwide »

lol, I just did a search, used my ip to try out a search thingy. told me im from (within 35 miles) and that I use clearwire for internet access. lol. I would have to assume that Roberts 95% is hard to argue with since he knows the ip address