Radiator overflow jug?

Engine Forum Archives

Moderator: Ranchero50

bryantracing460

re: Radiator overflow jug?

Post by bryantracing460 »

didn't think about that.
Jeremy
Drive It Like You Stole It.........NO FEAR!
69 F-100 swb 2wd 460 C-6. 86 F-150 super cab 2wd 302 AOD.85 Bronco 4wd 300 AOD.
http://www.myspace.com/bryantracing460
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Chris forwarded these pics to me of the jug in his truck. He says two of his trucks had these...hmmmm :hmm:

I'm not sure if these are standard issue or not, but they look like they could be...well, except maybe for the upper-left attachment point that seems to hang over the top of the radiator support. However, I'm not sure this one will work with my truck, since the A/C lines going to the condenser might be in the way:

Now, you can get these chrome ones all over the place, and I think they might even fit, but they'd look too....um....well, too flashy. I'm going to try to find something that'll look more OEM.

Guess I'll just have to take some measurements and then spend a day scrounging through the salvage yards and see what I can dig up.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cobraF100 »

The Over Flow Jug I had to move to where you see it now because I took the Small block Rad. out to install the Bigger 4 core Rad. for the FE thats in it now..

With the other original Rad. the Over Flow was just to the right of where you see it now by about 3-4 inches.

I plan to run one like the
but they'd look too....um....well, too flashy
Flashy one Keith Posted when the New FE goes in.. :wink:
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: re: Radiator overflow jug?

Post by FORDification »

cobraF100 wrote:...I plan to run one like the Flashy one Keith Posted when the New FE goes in..
Cool...don't forget me when it's time to replace your plastic jug then, OK? ;)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cobraF100 »

It's Yours........You'll have it in about 3...When the Motor comes out ,it will be on it's way to you.... :wink:

Man that just hit me that this FE is about to have a New Home thats not mine......... :hmm:

I Hope to get Visitation Rights....... :roll:
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
Tim P.
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Tim P. »

A SS cyl type would be nice and look good too seen them in aftermarket companys catalogs mine would mount nicely on the radiator flange and clear the voltage reg on my f-250 but not on the f-100 as it has a different rad mounting my f-250 has extra cooling and rad has an a more protusive mounting flange.
Ford Is The Mountain That The Rock fell Off Of.

72 F-250 Camper Special 390 Stroker 419 CID 420 HP Natural Asp 200 HP NOS C-6 Dana 60 4.10
96 F-150 XLT 4X4 5.8 Heavy Duty 4EOD
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

4x4x4crewcab has loaned me a bunch of vintage Ford factory 'Shop Tips' magazines. I was browsing through some of them, and found this interesting tidbit in the July 1970 issue in an article about coolant recovery systems:

It's not a pickup in the pic, but it says the kit will fit them.

...and something else I found interesting.....the last line of the article stated "The system can be checked for air bubbles by observing the sight tube in the upper radiator hose." (Note the funky addition to the upper hose in the pic above!)
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

A friend was over today in his chopped 49 ratrod Ford pickup. He used an old A/C accumulater for a puke tank. It is all aluminum and looks good. It doesn't have a fill portel on top but really doesn't need one.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Joshpow
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Joshpow »

I was just posting to tell you that the one pictured at the start of the post is the original style for the trucks that had an overflow tank. If I am not mistaken, the tanks were on the 6 cyl trucks mostly. My 71 f100 w/ 240 had one just like that. If you have the V-8 radiator support, the holes to mount it are not there, because they are in the area where the support is cut out to make the opening bigger for the larger radiator. It would be possible to use it on the V-8 support, but I believe new holes are needed in the radiator support. Hope this helps someone.

Josh
DuckRyder

Re: re: Radiator overflow jug?

Post by DuckRyder »

heep70 wrote:Yes, that is for recycling gas vapors. I haven't seen one of them on our trucks. But, then again that is one of those things that gets thrown away when someone mods the engine bay or does a engine transplant.
Does that mean you want me to dig mine out of the scrap heap? I suppose you want me to get the line too? :roll: :D
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper