PREDATOR CARBS

Engine Forum Archives

Moderator: Ranchero50

shrektruck

PREDATOR CARBS

Post by shrektruck »

Anyone ever run one? I have an old 6000 I picked up at the swapmeet. I've heard theyre great for power but have never talked with anyone that ever ran one.
I was planning on an Edelbrock 750 when I get around to the engine part of the build.
Any comments, rude or obscene gestures?
cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: PREDATOR CARBS

Post by cobraF100 »

"PREDATOR CARBS"

I dont know much about them but have heard a few say that they didn't like them for street use.

Here's something you can read about Carbs:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:_8 ... ARBS&hl=en
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
shrektruck

re: PREDATOR CARBS

Post by shrektruck »

Thanks Chris,
I guess it'll be a while but I think I'm going to go ahead and try it out when I put theShrektruck on the road. I've heard they don't run well on the street too.
I do know it's basically a Constant Velocity (CV) carb which is good for mixing gas and air. I can attest to that via the experience with my Kawi and my lovely bride's Harley. The Kawi goes like a scalded dog and the Harley is a torque monster.
I've got the roller cam :$$: :$$: :$$: and the intake. Need the headers, exhaust and electric fans yet, If I ever get the house done, the baby born (due Jan) and the dirty ol dog washed, I'll put it on and let ya'll know how it runs. If it blows up I'll throw a wrench and then tell ya'll it didn't work.