What's the best Differential Gear Oil?

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

radioactivelarry

Re: What's the best Differential Gear Oil?

Post by radioactivelarry »

BobbyFord wrote:My '63 Uni has over 500,000 miles on it. 4 motors, one transmission with 2 rebuilds and one rearend all on dinosaur oil.
Flat tappet cams aren't going to benefit from synthetic oil unless zinc is involved.

Here is the ticket. I run this in my 64 T-Bird and my F-100 with a 390. AMSOIL Z-ROD lots of Zinc. Comes in 10-30 and 20-50. Run this oil and you will get well over 500K miles on one engine! See how much money you could have saved? Well worth it.....
And this is "NO BULL"

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/m ... e=ZRTQT-EA
:woohoo:
Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed Lamb.
Ben Franklin.

My Motto: I wish I had less to do, more time to do it in and got paid more for not getting it done.
:drive:
69Ford
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: What's the best Differential Gear Oil?

Post by 69Ford »

I'm running the Zrod AMS/Oil 10W30 In my truck 360 never rebuilt Millage unknown. Truck did not burn or use oil before conversion. So far no complaints from me but only 500 miles since conversion. Truck is put away for the winter months. Also run AMS/OIL in all my other vehicles. I went to a class on gear lubes for tractor and mower gearboxes. The most noteworthy part was that synthetics run 20-30 degrees cooler than conventional oil. Might mean a lot in warmer climates.
1969 Ford F100 Styleside standard cab 360 C6