To buy friction modifier

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

james920

To buy friction modifier

Post by james920 »

I was looking to buy friction modifier for my ford. How about buying the oil additives of Archoil? I have got some products here https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/archoil. Can we apply this friction modifier in all kinds of diesel engines? Because my truck is an old one. I hope it won't affect the engine. If you have any opinion regarding this, please share it.
fastEdsel
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: To buy friction modifier

Post by fastEdsel »

These sales people used to come to the farm once in a while with their spinning friction wheels etc to try to sell their junk. I would buy a small amount just to get them out of my yard then just shelve it. I was just slightly convinced that this one particular additive might just work so I added it to a 4:11 diff in my '73 Ford 4X4 and a couple stationary engines, they all blew up! "When in doubt, chicken out!" Most of the modern oils are just fine, I would never add anything extra to a crankcase especially a diesel engine. Fuel conditioners are another thing however and I would recommend those products when using newer fuels in older injection systems, JMHO Good Luck. :)