C6 Trans Question?

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

windhamdw

C6 Trans Question?

Post by windhamdw »

I took my son to the movies and on the way out there was a few rice burners parked outside so i had to show them what a real V8 sounded like so i punched the gas and let the tires go. when i got out of site and down the road at a light i took off normally but i noticed the trans was not shifting anymore, so a few miles down the road i pulled over at the gas station and found the vacuum line on the card that goes to trans had fallen off, i put it back on and thought i would be good to go, but i was wrong the problem is it still want shift, but i can manually shift up and it shift back down on its own.

Anyone have any ideas what maybe the issue or if maybe the little vacuum modulator on the trans went out. I can put a vacuum pump on it and it holds, not sure if thats a good test or not.

Thanks
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: C6 Trans Question?

Post by colnago »

Can you put a vacuum gauge on the line at the tranny end and read manifold vacuum? Sounds like you might have sucked something in the line that blocked it. You said you put a vacuum pump and it held vacuum. Was this going to the tranny? If so, check out the rest of the line going to the engine.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
windhamdw

Post by windhamdw »

I can try that, i did take the whole line out and was able to blow through it to make sure it was cleared. I Put the vacuum pump on the Modular in the trans.

I rebuilt the carb this weekend and maybe that will help.

Thanks
Timd

Post by Timd »

At least it didn't happen in front of them:)
1969 Ford F100 Custom Cab
windhamdw

Post by windhamdw »

looks like rebuilding the carb took care of it, we went for a good long drive today and the trans shifted every time. :woohoo:
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cep62 »

Do have a kickdown rod?
If so maybe it was stuck and you freed it up when working on the carb ?
windhamdw

Post by windhamdw »

No kick down rod, i need to get a cable kit so i can get that hooked up to the edelbrock carb.