C6 Change in How it Shifts?

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

C6 Change in How it Shifts?

Post by colnago »

I have a 352 and C6 in my '67. This weekend, I switched the ignition system from the original distributor with Pertronix to a new Duraspark distributor and control module. I had a bit of back-and-forth adjusting to complete on the timing, which is understandable. I also think I increased the advance from 6* to 8* BTDC. Got it running pretty good.

So, here's the weird part. When driving, the 2 - 3 shift seems smoother than it did before the swap. Is this possible, or is this most likely a placebo effect? I didn't do this to necessarily improve performance (especially with the tranny), but I wanted to make sure the Duraspark was wired up in anticipation of my rebuild being dropped in (I don't want too many changes all at once). If it's an actual change, is this more likely due to the change to the Duraspark (along with a new distributor), or my advancing the spark 2*, or a combination of both?

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
crazyhorse
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: C6 Change in How it Shifts?

Post by crazyhorse »

Mr Joseph, congratulations on the improvement, I think it is a combination of both.

:fr:
Manny
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: C6 Change in How it Shifts?

Post by Manny »

Combination of both. More performance of the engine causes more slippage of trans. Second more vacuum from a properly tuned engine creates more vacuum on the modulator which softens the shift. :thup:
Just another Ford fool named Dan.
The Junk that hangs around
67' F-250 highboy Camper special cross breed currently under way
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=86706
1974 Bronco 302 3 speed
1984 bronco 302 c6 35's
1994 F350 7.3 5spd dually.
woods wrote: The rust holes in my truck were a factory install (very rare).