Light switch

Electrical and Wiring Frequently Asked Questions
gonzalo medina
Preferred User
Preferred User

Light switch

Post by gonzalo medina »

I just bought a new one after exhausting every option to my dome light not working. How hard is it to install, it looks like a harness attaches and it's a simple bolt on. Anyone have the steps??? I will not rest till I get that light working, new bolb and fuse.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

reach up under the dash and on top of the switch there is a button. push that and pull all the way out on the switch knob. it will come all the way out of the switch. after the knob is out you carefully use a screwdriver or the correct tool. to unscrew the center of the switch from the front of the dash. once you get that off the switch will come out. then unlpug the harness and reinstall the new switch in the reverse order. one thing you may have to watch for when putting the knob back in is pushing that button again so th knob will fully engage with the switch.
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: Light switch

Post by bluef250 »

When removing the handle, the shaft and button sometimes are quite stubborn. Keep working and they will separate and the shaft will come out. Likewise, when putting the shaft back sometimes it does not engage. Pulling the handle and having come out is distressing.
gonzalo medina
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by gonzalo medina »

OK good deal sounds easy enough i'll keep you guys informed.THANKS
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

Here's a couple of photos. In #1 you can see the little button on top of the switch, right under "Made in USA" and in #2, using a flat screwdriver to take off the bezel.
jor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gonzalo medina
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by gonzalo medina »

Thanks for going out of your way with the pictures. Good looking boy you got there. I'll let you know on my progress. Hope this fixes my dome light, I sure miss seeing things in the dark.