Vacuum gauge hook-up and tach ? for C.J.

Electrical and Wiring Frequently Asked Questions
trickf100

Vacuum gauge hook-up and tach ? for C.J.

Post by trickf100 »

I have two f600 gauge clusters with tachs and vacuum gauges. My first questions is in regards to hooking up the vacuum gauge. When I removed them from the trucks there was a valve that the hose went to and it had a couple of wires going to it. I didn't have the tools to take this part so all I got was the gauge itself. Did I need this part or is there another way to run it?

Question for CJ:
Where did you have your tachs redone, ie: converted to 8,000 rpm electric and roughly how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking.
1968 f100 Ranger
1972 f100 Sport Custom
1972 f250 4x4 conversion
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Vacuum gauge hook-up and tach ? for C.J.

Post by FORDification »

OK, now you have me curious. I also want to use the factory F600 tachometer, but would definitely like to get it converted to electric. If I can ask you, how much (ball-park figure) does he charge to do this?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

I have looked for my receipt for 30 minutes and cant locate it but I think it was $350.00. The new screen printed face was included in that price and that is what made it so much if I remember right. Call or e-mail Ron and he will give you a quote. I,ll post a pic of a close up of it not installed in my gallery for you. Good luck Charles
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Cool! I'll have to do that. Thanks for the contact. Looking forward to see the pics.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

Keith, I posted the pic of it before I installed it. I didnt realize it was a little out of focus but I think you can see it good enough to decide. Good luck and let me know what you decide. Charles
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Thanks for sharing....it definitely looks good! I'm going with the '67-only style of gauges though, so the face would have to be printed with that instead. But I'd imagine that wouldn't be so tough.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

That looks good, In my gallery in the pic with the steering wheel in it I mounted a Jegs 2 5/8" vacum guage until I could find a stock one. That jeep tach at 2 1/2" would match it pretty good I think. I was just trying to stay with an original look is why I went the way I did but thanks for this info as I know it will help some one here.