Moderator: FORDification

FRANKdaTANK

Re: Dodge Wheels

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

killakobra wrote:
CA180 wrote:
rims2.jpg
rims6.jpg
what size tires are those? i'm looking to find some that will match the hieght of my 295/50R15's but no a 15x6 wheel.
A couple posts up, I called out the tire size of these 20" and the size that are on my 15" wheels. The 20s are 255/45r20 and are about 29" tall.

Also, you can check out a Tire Size Calculator....I like to use this link : http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
(I know it says Miata, but I like that it kinda gives you a visual). You can Google another one if the link doesn't work.

The calc says your tires are about 26 1/2" tall...

Frank
1967 F100 Shortbed - 390 FE w/ C6 trans. -- SOLD

1995 Bronco - 6" lift w/ 35" BFGs
1998 SVT Contour #3582 (Daily Driver)
aramil
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by aramil »

hey frank, im picking up a set of those same rims tommorow or next week, what do you think the minumum size adapter should be used for these? i still have to get tires for them but heck im gettin the rims for free so it doesnt bother me one bit.
72, f-100 ranger xlt, 360-c6, 2wd 84k miles.
77, ford f-150 custom 4x4, 400m-c6 SOLD

"the existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, sid to himself, "i want to set those people over there on fire, but i dont feel like walking over there to do it"
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

aramil wrote:hey frank, im picking up a set of those same rims tommorow or next week, what do you think the minumum size adapter should be used for these? i still have to get tires for them but heck im gettin the rims for free so it doesnt bother me one bit.
Hey aramil,
I saw your private msg, and I'm sorry to get back to you so late.... haven't been on alot lately.

That sounds like a sweet deal. I paid $100 for mine and they were already painted gloss black. The front fit right on directly with no problems. The rear had an issue with the axle seeming kinda narrow. The inside lip of the rim was barely rubbing the inner wheel well in the bed. I went with 2" adapters, but I probably could've been just as happy with 1 1/2". But I wanted to make sure I pushed them out enough to look somewhat in-line with the front wheels.

Hope this helps .... and good luck to you! Show pics when you can!!!! :thup: 8) :D

Frank

aramil
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by aramil »

its ok frank, i didnt get the rims the guy said only one was five lug even though i pulled the whole set out and they were all the same... i got some 15"bullet hole rims on it instead. i still plan on finding those rims though i really dig them.

"the existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, sid to himself, "i want to set those people over there on fire, but i dont feel like walking over there to do it"
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Oh wow... that sounds weird what he did....

Well that's cool. Good luck with your search. I know you can usually find them on Ebay, but the bad side is that they are usually sold single and can be pricey .... like $50 per wheel ... :doh:

Frank

aramil
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by aramil »

these were in a junk yard that my friends family owns. they get alot of bumps and dents but they are usually trashed when they come in because its not a salvage yard.

FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Oh I understand.... Yeah that makes sense now, but still a bummer....
Well goodluck.

Frank

Calimustangs

Post by Calimustangs »

Did you drop the truck if so what size drop did you get front and back also what brand thanks really liked the look on the f100 truck plan on doing that to my truck just got it a 68 short bed
Calimustangs

Post by Calimustangs »

Where did you order the spacers from and about how much are they ?
EDVSU

Post by EDVSU »

:D dodge wheel reppin :hd: About to get something else. But until after my cv swap.
- Martin Gza.
ssschrader

Post by ssschrader »

What's your front end and what is your rear end not stock right how much did you drop. Looks really good like those rims a lot wondering if they would fit mine. I have 2 different bot patterns plus rear end wider than the stock 1967 that was on mine. It's now a 2004 F150 super duty rear end dropped about 3 or 4 and front end 2003 crown Vic not dropped. Would like to go with your set up. What are those tires also. Thanks awesome build.
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

ssschrader- The original poster was last active in 2011- not sure he is around to answer. Earlier in the thread he did say that it had a crown vic front end and stock rearend. I have no clue about the drop though.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree