Dodge Wheels

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

FRANKdaTANK

Dodge Wheels

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Hey All,

I have a question about wheels. I have a '67 F100 shortbed with lowered suspension and stock drum brakes.

I'm getting ready to put some Dodge Ram wheels on my truck as soon as I get them from my buddy.
They are from the '02 - present Dodge Ram, **but they are not the 20" chrome wheels. I'm getting (4) spare 20" steelies that come on the HEMI trucks. They are painted gloss black, and I think they'll look good since you really don't see 20" steelies.

Anyways, the Dodge has a bigger hub than my truck, so I'm wondering if anybody knows how much of a problem this will be?? ...if at all...
I hoping these wheels will work!

Thanks,
Frank
1967 F100 Shortbed - 390 FE w/ C6 trans. -- SOLD

1995 Bronco - 6" lift w/ 35" BFGs
1998 SVT Contour #3582 (Daily Driver)
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

Not sure if the 02 ones have the same bolt pattern, but as far as the rest it shouldn't be a problem, IIRC.
427blackpearl
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Dodge Wheels

Post by 427blackpearl »

you are going to post some pix of this when done right
cause :nopix:
that sounds 8) 20'' steelies
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

hit up "crewcabfan". i think he has the 20" dodge wheels on his truck. there was someone else as well, but i can't remember who it was.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

Dodge uses a FWD offset on the newer trucks. Not sure what difference that will make.
customcrewcab
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: Dodge Wheels

Post by customcrewcab »

people really should upgrade there brakes with big rims along with aftermarket studs. the reciprocating weight with larger rims makes it alot harder to stop brakes need to be replaced alot more. i have also seen studs stear off with 20's. just something to keep in mind :2cents:
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10106
if theres a new way, i'll be the first in line. it better work this time

1970 crewcab 393w afr heads, 6 speed, turbocharged, 6 piston calipers 13" rotors on all 4 corners
carcrafter22

Post by carcrafter22 »

I maybe wrong but I think they will be a different bolt pattern. I know the 2007 dodge magnum wheels I use fit the 07 crown vic 5x4.5 and they wont fit the original bump bolt pattern. I am unsure of the dodge trucks though, I guess its possible that they used the bump bolt pattern but I dont think so.. I would just check before I bought them if it were me.
67 F100 sc/sb 07 Crown Vic IFS, 94 Lincoln Mark 8 IRS, isuzu 3.9L diesel w/ HY35 & HX 52 compound turbos and 370cc custom injection pump,T56 6spd trans, 18" 07 dodge magnumm wheels, old air products A/C (for a 66 mustang LOL). 32 mpg's so far, around town
carcrafter22

Post by carcrafter22 »

I maybe wrong but I think they will be a different bolt pattern. I know the 2007 dodge magnum wheels I use fit the 07 crown vic 5x4.5 and they wont fit the original bump bolt pattern. I am unsure of the dodge trucks though, I guess its possible that they used the bump bolt pattern but I dont think so.. I would just check before I bought them if it were me. I think you will just have to bolt them on to see how the offset is with your setup.

I do like the sound of 20" steelies, I was actually thiking of that today with some chromed center hub caps when I was thinking of paint jobs for my project. I think that would give it a nice retro look with a classic two toned paint job.

EDIT: I just looked it up on the net and supposedly all dodge ram trucks from 94 and up use the 5x5 1/2 bolt pattern like the bumps.
67 F100 sc/sb 07 Crown Vic IFS, 94 Lincoln Mark 8 IRS, isuzu 3.9L diesel w/ HY35 & HX 52 compound turbos and 370cc custom injection pump,T56 6spd trans, 18" 07 dodge magnumm wheels, old air products A/C (for a 66 mustang LOL). 32 mpg's so far, around town
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Yea, sorry, I meant to say that in my first post, that I already knew that the Dodge Ram wheels are the same 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

I would love to upgrade to bigger and better brakes when I get the money, cuz I can understand about the weight issue with stops. I was originally gonna try to make the Gen2 Ford Lightning wheels work (which are 18s), but ended up coming across this great deal with a friend of mine.

And YES, I will definitely post pics when the new rims are on....I know how you guys are...LOL
Hopefully going over his house tonight to check fitment, but not positive...
I will keep you updated tho. Thanks for everyone's advice and help.
Frank

FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

P.S. --- Does anybody know exactly how the old "bubble" style hub caps fit on the steelies??
...the old chrome ones like on Fatman Fabs '67....

I'm not even sure if they would work with the Dodge 20s, but just a thought. I'm sure what to do yet with center caps...

carcrafter22

Post by carcrafter22 »

I wish someone did make some bolt on "big version" steelies with some chrome dog dish caps, maybe in 18" and 20"

That would be cool.
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

UPDATE---

Well I went over my buddy's house last night to check the fitment of the wheels. Front should work fine, but there is a problem with the Rear.

We put a wheel on without a tire, and the inside lip of the rim is Extremely close to rubbing the bedside of the inner wheel well. So I know it definitely won't work with tires... However, there is plenty of room for adapters, but it will just be a little longer now since I need to check into that...

Sorry no pics yet. I also need to find a set of lug nuts cuz the ones I have are special for my aluminum rims. The aluminum rims are alot thicker and the nuts go inside the lug holes, creating a kind of spacer.
I hope my studs aren't too small to where I need to get special lug nuts.

RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

carcrafter22 wrote:I wish someone did make some bolt on "big version" steelies with some chrome dog dish caps, maybe in 18" and 20"

That would be cool.
http://wheelvintiques.com/shopsite_sc/s ... 6-ss3.html

You can get these in 18's but look out for the price.
CA180

Post by CA180 »

Frank, I ran into that same problem when I "dry fitted" a set of '03 dodge ram chrome 17" wheels.

The rear tire was actually on the bottom edge of the bed.

Those wheels are still sitting in my shed. But I don't really want to run any spacers.

I work for dodge and always loved the Idea of running the 20" steelies, just never got around to it cause I've only had dodges and che^ies up until I got my ford.

You should check out the 17" steel wheels that come on the newer body style durangos. There were actually a few models that had hubcaps. You should check them out. They have a really cool design. Just lose the stupid plastic hubcaps.

Oh, and upgrading the studs is a good idea. It isn't hard at all. Just knock the old ones out, drill, and pull the new ones thru. We did this when going to 20" 2007 stock aluminum wheels on a '99 dodge p/u
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Thanks for the advice. Yea I've been looking into different Dodge center caps, but might wait a lil bit to make sure everything is gonna work fitment wise. I'm probably gonna order the adapters soon. Hopefully everything will work out.

Pics will come soon!!!!