Dodge Wheels

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

CA180

Re: Dodge Wheels

Post by CA180 »

I was thinkin about takin some earlier (read 94-01) hubcaps and modifying by adapting some baby moons. This generation of hubcap actually attached to the lug nuts.

May sound a little ghetto, but maybe some actual stainless dog dishes or stainless bowls from target jb welded to the dodge hub cap.

Again I know this sound a little rough, but I have a good idea of what it could turn out like. Give me a minute or so for a photoshop....
CA180

Post by CA180 »

rims2.jpg
rims6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aramil
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by aramil »

[quote=aramil , I haven't heard or felt any rubbing with my turning, so it might not be as bad as I thought. And a guy at the tire shop told me that he's seen the Chrome "rings" in bigger sizes like 20's, but I haven't looked into it yet....might look good to break up the black. [/quote]

thats good to know, i think it would look awsome with the rings and one of those lug cap thingys you see on the cop spec chargers, it would bring more attention to the rims.
72, f-100 ranger xlt, 360-c6, 2wd 84k miles.
77, ford f-150 custom 4x4, 400m-c6 SOLD

"the existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, sid to himself, "i want to set those people over there on fire, but i dont feel like walking over there to do it"
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

CA180, thanks for the photo shop visual. Yeah I get what you're saying about your idea.
It makes the rims look more of a police cruiser style...which I was kinda thinking it might... :lol: :lol:

I'm wanting to see if these Dodge center caps work out. They are the ones from the 94-98 style, so I'm curious how they might work with the newer Dodge wheels, even tho these are steelies. Plus, I gotta fill or cover up the ugly Ram head when I get the chance to mess with them. :evil:

Frank

p.s. --- Is it obvious that I think the smileys add a nice little "zing" to the messages?!? ... :woohoo:
1967 F100 Shortbed - 390 FE w/ C6 trans. -- SOLD

1995 Bronco - 6" lift w/ 35" BFGs
1998 SVT Contour #3582 (Daily Driver)
td
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by td »

Frank,

The truck looks great, some how this thread got by me :? ive beem wondering were every one's been :lol:
seriously though the wheels have a very kool look, i'd love to look at it in person. you gotta post it in the "Bumps with lowered altitude" thread.
CA180

Post by CA180 »

FRANKdaTANK wrote: Plus, I gotta fill or cover up the ugly Ram head when I get the chance to mess with them. :evil: :
If your truck wasn't a Ford I would take that as an insult :x I work for dodge! :D

Nah, I know what you mean. Wouldn't look good on a ford.

I didn't even think about the cruiser look!
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

td, :wel: yeah I was wondering why you hadn't chimmed in....that's why I sent you the PM.... :lol: 8)
thanx for the comments btw. Yeah it looks even better in person...I'm really happy with the way it turned out! :hd:
now....to tuck them 20s a lil further....

CA180, :wink: yeah I didn't mean any offense by that comment.... Its all good tho!

Frank

1970Custom

Post by 1970Custom »

Sorry to drudge up an old thread.

What is the backspacing for the wheels? Also what size spacer did you use on the back end???
Hi, I'm Eric and I have a bumpside addiction.
FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Sorry for the late reply...I haven't been on here to post in awhile.

Anyways, I can't remember what the backspacing is when I was doing research... but my rims are the Spare Rim on the newer Dodge Ram HEMI's that have the Chrome 20s (2002 - ??). I believe the Chrome ones are 9 inches wide, but my rims are 20 x 8 inches.

I apoligize for the slackness, but I have a few pics from the night when I was actually putting the adapters and wheels on, but have not put them on the computer from my camera yet... :doh:

But to answer your question, I put 2" thick adapters in the rear and No adapter up front. When I just fit the rims on by themselves, the inside lip was about a 1/2" away from rubbing the inner wheel well. So I knew I had to get some sort of adapter to avoid hitting during bumps, etc. while driving. I didn't really have to go 2" thick to make it work, but I thought it would look better with 2" pushing the wheels out farther... and I was right! :D

I will try to get some more pics on here soon.

Thanks,
Frank

FRANKdaTANK

Post by FRANKdaTANK »

Yeah man, no prob. It is pretty cool. I was kind of surprised, but very happy when I found out about the lug pattern.

Now remember....the 15" rims that my truck had on it when I bought it, are aftermarket too...so the tires might be a different size than yours. My 15s are 235/75r15 and my 20s are 255/45r20....which brings them both to about 28.9" or 29.0" overall height, or diameter.

:2cents: More advice would be to use a tire size calculator. Just type that into Google or whatever ("tire size calc"). You can put in your stock tire size and compare to sizes you might want. It has been extremely helpful, even when I was buying new wheels for my previous vehicles. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Frank

killakobra
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by killakobra »

CA180 wrote:
rims2.jpg
rims6.jpg
what size tires are those? i'm looking to find some that will match the hieght of my 295/50R15's but no a 15x6 wheel.
1967 f100 stepside 300ci I6
1969 f100/600 stepside retro truck -under construction-
1972 longbed trailer
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

What is the center diameter on those 20" steel wheels? Are the 3 1/8, 3 3/16?
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.