Post by fordman »

they are the same.
davbell22602
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Power Brake Booster Bracket

Post by davbell22602 »

fordman wrote:they are the same.
They look different in those pictures that member posted of the ones on the 67 F250.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

The following photos are from the "Started Disc Brake Conversion" thread. These are NOT my pictures, and NOT my brake booster or brackets. However, the person who posted these has a '67 F100, and they look exactly like the brackets on my '67 F250. And his photos are a heckufa lot better than mine. :lol:

Joseph
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

there are several versions of the brackets. but they are all the same distance from the firewall. soem of the brackets were put on upside down and other the way they are in the pictures. they hole at the top is also used in a cantilever type booster bracket system. those were used in the 73-79 trucks.
19FORD67
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 19FORD67 »

So if the '68 and up booster pushrod is going to be an inch too long for a '67 pedal pivot bracket would a 1" shim (plate) be feasible between the bracket and firewall? Or is that the fatboy in me just being lazy?
:fr:
'67 352 3spd 3.25 9" Custom Cab
'92 Mercury Cougar
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?pos=-3222
davbell22602
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by davbell22602 »

What about using a 73-79 power brake booster bracket?
davbell22602
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by davbell22602 »

Will a 64-66 mustang booster bracket fit 67 F100?
70_F100

Post by 70_F100 »

davbell22602 wrote:What about using a 73-79 power brake booster bracket?
http://www.fordification.com/tech/clutc ... ackets.htm
davbell22602 wrote:Will a 64-66 mustang booster bracket fit 67 F100?
Doubtful.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.--Plato
Why is it that there's seldom time to fix it right the first time, but there's always time to fix it right the second time???

That's not an oil leak :nono: That's SWEAT from all that HORSEPOWER!! :thup:
davbell22602
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by davbell22602 »

OK, I had someone tell me that a booster bracket from 60's ford car like a mustang would fit.
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

I am wanting to covert my 70 over to power brakes and was wondering if any of you have seen this one before?

http://www.mbmbrakeboosters.com/index.p ... down&id=26

I am going to call them tomorrow as it just seems a little too good to be true and the year range from 57-72 tells me modifications may be necessary but my truck is not going to be stock by any means so that does not bother me. I post back up what I find out from these guys.
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

And ran across this as well so I will be calling these guys as well. It really looks like the other kit just rebranded which the manufacturer does.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/chassis-su ... e-upgrade/
PetesPonies

Post by PetesPonies »

The actual brackets are not different for 67 than 68-72. They are the same. The pedals are different.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance
ultraranger
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ultraranger »

The '67 Bumpside brake booster input rod is shorter than those on the '68-'72 models. The brake pedal pivot on the pedal support is also closer to the front of the pedal support than on the '68-'72 models. '67 is a one year only setup.

From '68-'77, the booster brackets for the non-bellcrank (non-cantilever) brackets are the same for either the single diaphragm or dual diaphragm boosters --either style booster will bolt to these brackets.

There was also a bellcrank style bracket arrangement that placed the booster higher up on the firewall. The booster for these brackets has a short input rod on the back side and a flat input rod that went from the bellcrank bracket to the brake pedal. Either a short input rod single diaphragm or short input rod dual diaphragm booster will bolt to these brackets. However, around '78, the flat input rod on the bellcrank style boosters was made longer than previous year models and the hole doesn't line up with where the bolt attaches the flat input to the brake pedal.

To put an OEM brake booster in a '68-'72 Bumpside, it's best to use a booster/bracket assembly from a '68-'77 model truck. There were lots of changes to the brake boosters (and brake pedals) in '78/'79 that often don't work well when trying to put these year model boosters in a Bumpside truck.
Steve

1969 SWB F100 Ranger. 240-6, C-4, 9" N-case 31-spline Traction-Lok w/3.50 gears.

1968 Mustang. My high school car. Owned since 1982.

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach1.
PetesPonies

Post by PetesPonies »

Hey Steve . I have a bone stock, low farm mileage . .'71, I want to add a booster to the drum brakes. I need to replace the MC as it is leaking so now is the time. I parted a '67, so I have that bracket and booster ( not good ) for core if needed. I have no linkage as the '67 didn't use it. I'm trying to figure the best way to do this. I just want it to look stock, nothing special. I'm also building a '69 that will be disc/drum . so I'm thinking of both as I decide ( cheapest ) way to accomplish both tasks. I can buy a complete assembly with brackets ( I only have one set ) for one of the vehicles and try and use the brackets I have on the other. Many/most of the MC assemblies don't specify if the residual valves are included for drum situations. Thought?
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance