1963 F350 E-brake

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Raptor10

1963 F350 E-brake

Post by Raptor10 »

I'm completely rebuilding the brake system on my '63 but I've been unable to find parts for the e-brake. Its not they typical e-brake, tied into the rear drums. The e-brake handle in the floor engages a "shoe band?" pad around the drive shaft. Does anyone know where I can get parts for this? The brake pad is worn and not working. thanks for the help.

Dan
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 1963 F350 E-brake

Post by colnago »

There's some stuff listed on ebay, but it looks like it still uses a couple of shoes that expand out to a drum connected to the tranny, rather than a band that grabs the driveshaft. Any pics you can post?

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
Raptor10

Re: 1963 F350 E-brake

Post by Raptor10 »

colnago wrote:There's some stuff listed on ebay, but it looks like it still uses a couple of shoes that expand out to a drum connected to the tranny, rather than a band that grabs the driveshaft. Any pics you can post?

Joseph
Joseph,
I will have to check when I get back to my garage. I work in Ga and go back every 2-3 weeks. I'll get some pictures then and post.

thanks

Dan