I'd like to possibly maybe slightly raise the front

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

69fourbyfour

I'd like to possibly maybe slightly raise the front

Post by 69fourbyfour »

69 f250 360 4X4 factory original. The front springs are almost flat, not sure how much of an arch I'm missing after 48 years, if any :roll: I can get 2 inches with a new $et. Wonder if I could just put a spacer/new shackles under the spring and get 2 inchs ?
    Opinions, comments?

Front tire rubs just a bit on hard full turn. I gambled the tires would fit, looks too good to give up
    Ranchero50

Re: I'd like to possibly maybe slightly raise the front

Post by Ranchero50 »

Fixed your pic, used the img vs image code.

Truck should sit level. Your tires are pretty big so I don't know if a simple spring swap will help it. You should be able to get 1" or 2" over springs or leafs can be tweaked for more lift.
    '70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
    69fourbyfour

Post by 69fourbyfour »

Thanks!
    lamogo33

Post by lamogo33 »

69fourbyfour wrote:
      69 f250 360 4X4 factory original. Wonder if I could just put a spacer/new shackles under the spring and get 2 inchs ?
      Opinions, comments?

Front tire rubs just a bit on hard full turn. I gambled the tires would fit, looks too good to give up
      Just gonna throw this out there for you to consider. My truck has a non-stock inline 6 installed with a 5" stroke, so it is pretty tall. While working on the brakes I noticed someone previously had installed a "body lift." This was done to add clearance under the hood for the engine I believe. At the very front body mount it is raised 1", and the one in front of the cab is 1/2" and at the rear it is stock. The only thing I noticed was the front bumper needed to also be raised, looks like it was done by redrilling the bracket rather than the frame.

Might also help level your truck out to consider something like that. Also, my truck is a flat bed so I'm not sure how much it would effect body lines with a bed. Might be too much.
      1928 Model A Sedan
      1952 Ford Tudor Sedan (Mainline)*
      1992 Chevy K1500 ECSB w/a 454*

* = Daily Driver
      colnago
      100% FORDified!
      100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

My only concern would be what it would do to the tire camber. When I got my truck, the PO had lowered the front by chopping off a couple of inches from the coils, and leaving everything else as-is. If I left it like that, it would have worn the inside of my tires. I didn't like the look anyway, so I got new springs. If you just put in spacers to raise the front, you might run into the opposite problem, and wear out the outside of your tires.

:2cents:

Joseph
      "Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.