300 il6 engine with crown vic k member (UPDATE)

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

49leadsled

300 il6 engine with crown vic k member (UPDATE)

Post by 49leadsled »

has any one on here done the crown vic swap with a 300 6 engine? this is the set up i want to use but didnt know if the oil pan would be an issue. my 15 year old worked all summer and got this truck and all his parts. now its time to assemble. i just dont want to waste his money if it wont work. any help would be great on this. thank you in advance for the help. the truck is a 69 by the way
Last edited by 49leadsled on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lamogo33

Re: 300 il6 engine with crown vic k member question

Post by lamogo33 »

Hello. Although I can't answer your question directly I am wondering why you are considering a chassis swap and keeping the 300 I6. Usually those swaps are done to give a more sporty suspension and the entire crown vic drivetrain is used. Any reason you don't want to use the V8 from the crown vic? If your sold on using the 300 I6 I don't think a chassis swap will offer much for the amount of work you'd have to do. Just my :2cents:

I also believe that you could get it done if you really wanted it. Cutting and welding oil pans is something that happens on a lot of swaps.
1928 Model A Sedan
1952 Ford Tudor Sedan (Mainline)*
1992 Chevy K1500 ECSB w/a 454*

* = Daily Driver
49leadsled

Post by 49leadsled »

the crown vic is the best way to make a bump side drive great and lower them. its cheaper than drop i beams and will drive way better. the i beam front end even all rebuilt and new wont drive near as well as a crown vic set up. and the 6 has a header, cam, offy intake, blow through carb and small turbo so its super fun and sounds neat.
lamogo33

Post by lamogo33 »

49leadsled wrote:the crown vic is the best way to make a bump side drive great and lower them. its cheaper than drop i beams and will drive way better. the i beam front end even all rebuilt and new wont drive near as well as a crown vic set up. and the 6 has a header, cam, offy intake, blow through carb and small turbo so its super fun and sounds neat.

Well that does sound like lots of fun! Like to see it when you are all done! :thup:
1928 Model A Sedan
1952 Ford Tudor Sedan (Mainline)*
1992 Chevy K1500 ECSB w/a 454*

* = Daily Driver
49leadsled

Post by 49leadsled »

just an update, got the crown vic in. it fit great with the inline six. lots of pan clearance. trying to figure out power steering lines now. not sure what im gonna do with this yet. if there are any thoughts on this feel free to chime in. im all ears