Brake Lines

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

massillon preacher

Brake Lines

Post by massillon preacher »

This part where brake lines come from wheel cylinders and has the vent tube as well had the line you see coming from the master and its all dry rotted. It isn't a screw in like the brake lines from wheel cylinders, it had the clamped hose as you see and it's dry rotted, how do I fix this dry rotted tube, does the whole part come out of the axle shaft or what.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Busboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Brake Lines

Post by Busboy »

Unscrew the axle vent fitting and the flex hose comes right off.
1967 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
Another 67 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
2016 F-150 Eco-Boost 2.7 liter. (It will smoke the tires!)
1972 F-350 Sport Custom cab & chassis.
1972 F-250 Explorer Special, Camper Special.
1971 F-100 custom. 302, C-4, p.s. p.b. factory 65 amp alternator with transistorized voltage regulator.
massillon preacher

Post by massillon preacher »

Okay busboy so that was simple enough lol, but that fitting with the hose connected to it, what is the part name that I am looking for to replace that? Thanks again for my lack of intelligence with this one, it's been a long day getting dash out with utterly scraped up hands and arms, no patience left I guess on the this one. :)
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Ron_Hall

Post by Ron_Hall »

massillon preacher wrote:Okay busboy so that was simple enough lol, but that fitting with the hose connected to it, what is the part name that I am looking for to replace that? Thanks again for my lack of intelligence with this one, it's been a long day getting dash out with utterly scraped up hands and arms, no patience left I guess on the this one. :)
Hey Preacher, If you haven't already got it this might help..

https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/d ... /overview/

Ron
1971 F100 SWB 390 FE - bored.030 over
Edelbrock Performer - Holley 600 CFI
Stock heads with some porting - Sanderson FF427 Headers
C6 with stock converter - 3.25 rear end gears
One owner...