Power Assist Steering Hose Routing Pictures

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

mkoecher

Power Assist Steering Hose Routing Pictures

Post by mkoecher »

My '76 F250 has power assist steering and it developed a leak because one the hoses was rubbing against the frame. This was caused by them not being appropriately mounted. I bought all new power steering lines and they came with some brackets to mount them but I am not exactly sure how they mount or route since the previous hoses were not mounted well. Does anyone have pictures of the routing and mounting of the power assist steering hoses so that I can try to install mine correctly?

Thanks
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Power Assist Steering Hose Routing Pictures

Post by basketcase0302 »

mkoecher wrote:My '76 F250 has power assist steering and it developed a leak because one the hoses was rubbing against the frame. This was caused by them not being appropriately mounted. I bought all new power steering lines and they came with some brackets to mount them but I am not exactly sure how they mount or route since the previous hoses were not mounted well. Does anyone have pictures of the routing and mounting of the power assist steering hoses so that I can try to install mine correctly?

Thanks
Does it have the cooler on it like this one?
There is also a link here on the site somewhere, (I'd lost it when a puter crashed on me a few years ago in a hurricane) that shows a detailed picture of what your asking of one of our bump era trucks with 512 original miles on it.

Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4