Need new tires for my Explorer

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

dudingbos

Need new tires for my Explorer

Post by dudingbos »

I have received a 2005 Ford Explorer as a gift, and I'm very excited about it. Although it need some modifications since it was kept in a garage for almost a year now. First off I got the brakes and the lights done, and now I'm looking for some winter tires. I know it's only August, but winter is coming (hehe). Google led me to this article http://holmestire.com/best-winter-tires/, but I don't know if it's any good. I was thinking about using the Goodyear Ultra Grip tires but I don't know if they're that good. I'd love if you could look into it. Money is not an issue. I afford paying a decent amount of money, if it's worth it. Thanks!
1970FordTK
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Need new tires for my Explorer

Post by 1970FordTK »

I've been running Firestone Winterforce for 15 years on a 1989 full size Bronco. I bought my first set on a clearance sale, bought the second set due to liking the way they did their job. The dryer they snow, the better they get, and you can stud them for real bad ice conditions.
dudingbos

Post by dudingbos »

1970FordTK wrote:I've been running Firestone Winterforce for 15 years on a 1989 full size Bronco. I bought my first set on a clearance sale, bought the second set due to liking the way they did their job. The dryer they snow, the better they get, and you can stud them for real bad ice conditions.
I'll look into those Firestone Winterforce tires. Can you tell me anything about Michelin and Goodyear? Thanks!
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

dudingbos wrote:... winter is coming ...
But they don't drive cars in Westeros! I suggest you look at a good horse and cart. :wink:

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.