1967 f250 camper special/ hubs mount on outside or inside of the drum

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

duperk

1967 f250 camper special/ hubs mount on outside or inside of the drum

Post by duperk »

trying to put things back together but i lost my good pictures that showed exactly the set up. the one picture i do have doesnt help me to know for sure. could use any help!!!!
MadMike

Re: 1967 f250 camper special/ hubs mount on outside or inside of the drum

Post by MadMike »

On the Dana floater the wheel mounts directly to the hub and the drum is behind the hub. Drum > Hub > Wheel.
IIRC the drum/hub are bolted together first.
-Michael
eggman918
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: 1967 f250 camper special/ hubs mount on outside or inside of the drum

Post by eggman918 »

I just replaced the rotors on my 8 lug D44 in front and it required a press to R & R the studs which hold the assy together, I "think" the rears are assembled in the same manor but I have slept since i did the rears so......................... :2cents:
Steve

The"Filthy Beast"- '68 F-250 Crew Cab 131"W/B 4x4 4BT compounds hx30/Wh1c,5x.012" sac injectors/ZF 5/NP203-205 /3.54 44 trutrack front/60 trutrack rear on 33's. 2nd owner

"Beauty is only skin deep....Ugly is to the bone"
It is more important to understand what you don't know than what you do know,because then you can start to learn..???
"you must deal with the attaboys and the ass chewing s with your head up and looking them in the eyes" T.J.E. aka My Dad
There are only three types of people wolves, sheepdogs, and sheep. What are you?