rear lights.

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
69f250

rear lights.

Post by 69f250 »

hello, i was wondering if anyone has had this problem: I have a left hand turn signal out, the lh brake light does not work or the lh 4 way flasher the regular lights work fine and the right hand side all works fine. the bulbs are good. if any suggestions i would love to hear them if not i am sure i will figure it out sooner or later.
1969 FORD F250 4X4
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: rear lights.

Post by FORDification »

I'd double-check that bulb. The turn signal and brake light use the same filament (in the dual-filament bulb), so I'd be willing to bet it's looking good when it's really not. Hook up a multimeter to it and check for continuity across the filament, or replace it with a known good bulb.

If the bulb does check out, then make sure the bulb socket is clean, and then start following that wire up to see where it's broken.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

also on this model the light housing is the ground. Double check your grounds if all else checks out. you may need to tighten the big screws holding the housing in.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by bluef250 »

Do all the above, then try doing it again. Then make sure all contacts on housing are clean. Remove tail light housing and clean all metal to metal locations to ensure good ground. If emergency flasher works and blinkers don't after cleaning everything, then look at your turn signal switch.