Transfer case issue

4x4 & Off-road Forum Archives

Moderator: Doug Comer

69CSF250

Transfer case issue

Post by 69CSF250 »

Does anyone know where I can get a transfer case mount or new bushings? for a 72 Highboy with a divorced transfercase, I remembered that the last time I drove my truck I felt a little clunk when I let out the clutch about a month ago. Finally I had a little time today to get under the truck and lo and behold I could move the transfer case back and forth a good 3/4 of an inch. I think all I really need is new bushings but If i have to buy a new mount thats cool too. I may just try tightining the bots down it seems theres room for that. Thanks guys!
Wes
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Wes »

Got mine from Jeff bronco grave yard

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-230 ... _black.htm
Was a thread I can't find atm, where a few members said they had ordered from their local ford deaaler
Wes

http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10402
67 F250 High boy
69 Bronco

If you can't see fit to stand behind Our Troops...Please stand in front of them :)
69CSF250

re: Transfer case issue

Post by 69CSF250 »

Thanks Wes! thats what I needed... I went back out to the garage to double check the mount and the mount looks fine the bushing are pretty flattened out dry rotted... Thanks ton! im going to order them in the morning...
kentdaryl

Post by kentdaryl »

If you don't have any luck, or for others out there, I believe NPD sells them.
69CSF250

Post by 69CSF250 »

Well I finally got the transfercase bushings in... I figured it wouldnt take too long but geez! took me 3 hours to get those suckers done. heck I even preped them with PB blaster too. it wasnt bad after I brok-em loose but the amount of pressure I was putting on the breaker bar I figured I was going to be breaking at least one of them but they all survived. I hope the new ones last another 30+ years...